Mobileread
Tolino Shine 2, $26 + shipping at eBay
#1  rcentros 06-04-2020, 07:52 PM
From GoodyStore, in case someone is interested in looking into Tolinos or getting a backup. The Shine 2 uses a 300 dpi screen (front-lit, but no warm tones). It was replaced about a year ago(?) by the The Shine 3, which is a Clara hardware clone. My Shine 2 has a very nice, sharp screen with good contrast.

I can vouch for this dealer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tolino-Shine-2-HD-E-Reader-4GB/353073901337?hash=item5234d82f19:g:HU4AAOSwy-leuUiy

EDIT: NOW SOLD. And I can honestly say, I'm not the one who bought it!

#2  4691mls 06-04-2020, 10:12 PM
I bought a Shine 2 from that store last fall based on rcentros' recommendation. It's not quite as nice a screen as my Kobo Clara and as he said, no color adjustment, but it's still pretty good. It's become my out-and-about reader due to the low cost investment and its ability to obtain library books directly.

#3  rcentros 06-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Quote 4691mls
I bought a Shine 2 from that store last fall based on rcentros' recommendation. It's not quite as nice a screen as my Kobo Clara and as he said, no color adjustment, but it's still pretty good. It's become my out-and-about reader due to the low cost investment and its ability to obtain library books directly.
I thought this would be gone within hours. The hardware on the Shine 2 pretty much matches the Kindle PaperWhite 3, except it has five LEDs instead of four and the lighting is slightly more even on the Shine 2. The PW3 has a bit whiter screen, but I actually like Shine 2's tone better (it's "warmer").

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register