Mobileread
Glowlight 3, Can You Use Current Book as Screensaver Yet?
#11  ZodWallop 08-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Quote DNSB
You do need to insert the series data into the database for sideloaded books as only books synchronized from Kobo do this automatically -- there is no standardized metadata for series information though I have noted several ebooks that made use of calibre's method of adding series metadata.

calibre and either of the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended drivers will handle this task (the actual code needed comes from the KoboTouch code base). Back before I sold out to the dark side and switched to using calibre, I inserted the series information using a batch file, a text file and an SQLite database manager. Ahh... the good old days. Not.
So if there were interest, would it be possible to make some sort of Nook Extended driver that would update series info for sideloaded books?

In general, would Nook patches along the lines of the Kobo patches be possible? Or is the Nook OS too locked down to be easily hacked and changed?

#12  DNSB 08-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Quote ZodWallop
So if there were interest, would it be possible to make some sort of Nook Extended driver that would update series info for sideloaded books?

In general, would Nook patches along the lines of the Kobo patches be possible? Or is the Nook OS too locked down to be easily hacked and changed?
Hmmm... given that Nook uses Android and does not expose much of the internals, it would be much more difficult if not impossible and would likely involve having to root the device. A similar situation to where collections on a Kobo can use the database exposed in the USB accessible storage while a Kindle requires jailbreaking.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register