Mobileread
Poor Cool -er support here
#1  hermano 12-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Can I ask why there is such poor Cool -er support or information on this forum?

The list of ebook devices at the start of the forum is good, but includes much lesser (in ability, popularity etc) then the cool-er.

I have recently got one and find it excellent. Why so little information, support etc here?

#2  mtravellerh 12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Quote hermano
Can I ask why there is such poor Cool -er support or information on this forum?

The list of ebook devices at the start of the forum is good, but includes much lesser (in ability, popularity etc) then the cool-er.

I have recently got one and find it excellent. Why so little information, support etc here?
A good question, actually! Mostly, the Cool-er owners amongst our members have been rather quiet mostly, but we will try to create a better place for discussions about this device soon! In fact, I was already talking about this with my moderator friends for some days!

#3  sassanik 12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
A special forum area was requested... as of yet the mods have not created one. I think they don't like the Cool-er.

Amy

#4  mtravellerh 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote sassanik
A special forum area was requested... as of yet the mods have not created one. I think they don't like the Cool-er.

Amy
Please give me a little time, Amy! I'm lobbying for this! I really do! I am the only Cool-er owner among the moderators!

#5  netseeker 12-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote mtravellerh
Please give me a little time, Amy! I'm lobbying for this! I really do! I am the only Cool-er owner among the moderators!
Oh yes, he really does and as he said we are discussing about the request. As far as i can tell MTH puts himself out for the Cool-er owners here.

Quote sassanik
I think they don't like the Cool-er.
That's not so! But i can understand that you are frustrated about the situation and i'm really sorry for it.

#6  lene1949 12-11-2009, 03:25 AM
I've just got a Hanvon N516, and I see next to nothing on this forum on that one.

#7  hermano 12-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Quote lene1949
I've just got a Hanvon N516, and I see next to nothing on this forum on that one.
I have no idea of the popularity or sales figures for each of the e book readers, but am pretty sure the cool-er should be up there with the best of them, in uk anyway, as sold by argos amongst others.

Does anyone have sales figures for these things? Just curious.

#8  sassanik 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote mtravellerh

Thanks Mtravellerh!

I guess my issue is that this has been in "discussion" since August 2009!

Since the Cool-er has been released the Opus, Astak, Pocketbook and Nook have all gotten their own sections.

The only thing I can think of is that the mods don't like the Cool-er since they had no trouble adding in the others.

A stop gap measure could be adding in a "Other E-ink device" section for some of the more obscure e-ink readers (though with Cool-er being sold on QVC I would not call it obscure).

Amy

#9  mtravellerh 12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote sassanik
Thanks Mtravellerh!

I guess my issue is that this has been in "discussion" since August 2009!

Since the Cool-er has been released the Opus, Astak, Pocketbook and Nook have all gotten their own sections.

The only thing I can think of is that the mods don't like the Cool-er since they had no trouble adding in the others.

A stop gap measure could be adding in a "Other E-ink device" section for some of the more obscure e-ink readers (though with Cool-er being sold on QVC I would not call it obscure).

Amy
That is exactly what we will do to see how much trafic there will be. Then we will see what device gets its own dedicated subforum!

#10  hermano 12-13-2009, 06:16 AM
This still looks like a slap in the face for all cool-er users. Other ebook readers, as Amy rightly points out, have come along and been given their own section, so why not cool-er? (Sony even has two).

Putting them in a section such as 'Other E-ink devices' is grossly unfair, and confirms, in my opinion, the elitism (snobbery) shown by some people on this forum regarding devices they believe to be 'below them'.

Can we have an answer to the question why the cool-er has not been given a headed section to this forum?

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register