Mobileread
Cool-er: A million units sold!?
#1  Patricia 09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
According to this interview in the London Guardian, Neil Jones of Interead, claims that over a million Cool-ers have been sold worldwide:

Cool-er 'confident' it can beat Sony's e-reader sales in UK
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/sep/09/interead-cooler-ereader-google-books

#2  zelda_pinwheel 09-10-2009, 08:29 AM
wow, a million already ??? that's quite impressive !! and overall excellent news ; a million cool-ers sold means a million people reading ebooks ! looks like the ebook game is really heating up at last. now if only we could have some sales figures from sony and amazon...

#3  Abecedary 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
"Surpassed seven figures", eh? Color me a bit skeptical. Maybe they misplaced a decimal or something. After all, how many Cool-er users do we have around here? I realize this place isn't exactly a representative sample, but you'd figure we'd have more than a handful if the Cool-er were actually selling that briskly.

#4  Dopedangel 09-10-2009, 08:40 AM
wow but I thought the company that makes eink screens doesn't have the capacity to produce so many screens yet

#5  Patricia 09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I must say that I find this a bit hard to believe, and was wondering whether a million Hanlin/Jinke clones might be more accurate.

#6  Nate the great 09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
There can't be a million sold. Cooler has been on the market only a few months, and screen production during that time is measured (at most) in hundred of thousands. And that's screens for all the manufacturers (Sony Amazon, Jinke, Netronix).

#7  zelda_pinwheel 09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
hm, so is cool-er confused ? are they talking about ebooks (files) rather than liseuses ? an astounding backlog of orders they'll never be able to fill ? i'm surprised by the number as well but large numbers are totally abstract to me so i really can't tell how unrealistic this is.

#8  Hadrien 09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
They're a bunch of liars.

#9  zelda_pinwheel 09-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Quote Hadrien
They're a bunch of liars.
don't put the gloves on hadrien, tell us what you *really* think.

#10  Riocaz 09-10-2009, 09:03 AM
You have to admit he seems to have them sussed though Zelda :-)

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register