Mobileread
Cool-er: light, trendy, inexpensive e-book reader
#11  igorsk 05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Quote abrizz
I like the simple. But I wish they would at least give usability a thought and put some well placed turn pages buttons on it. It can not be that hard to do!
They're limited by the original Netronix hardware.

#12  wallcraft 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Engadget says:
with retail distribution partner expected to be announced closer to the launch date
depending on the retailer this might imply a lower price - at least when the retailer is having a sale.

#13  sirbruce 05-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I was just about to post about this; should this be in News?

#14  electristan 05-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Quote grooks
Had they set the price at $200 I think they would have trouble meeting demand.
I agree $200 would be the magic price for a lot of people to jump into the ebook scene, I'd buy it as a gift for a few at that price (they would owe me big )

Quote sirbruce
I was just about to post about this; should this be in News?
good point, wasn't sure. if someone wants to move it please go ahead.

#15  porkupan 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Quote igorsk
They claim to have 750k titles available on www.coolerbooks.com.
I wonder where have those 750k titles come from? Is this a rebranded Fictionwise, or some other smaller ebook content provider? Do they count the Project Gutenberg books, or the Google Books (the ones out of copyright)? It sure seems like a hell of an e-book collection to come out of nowhere...

The iPod color scheme looks really cool, I have to admit. And the price $250 is not too crazy, unless this price also means inability to read personal non-DRM content.

#16  grooks 05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote porkupan
The iPod color scheme looks really cool, I have to admit. And the price $250 is not too crazy, unless this price also means inability to read personal non-DRM content.
I understood the website to mean it could read Non-DRM txt/pdf/epub as well as DRM pdf/epub.

#17  rrburton 05-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Is that a battery access door on the back?

#18  pking36330 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote rrburton
Is that a battery access door on the back?
It does appear to be a 'battery compartment' door on the bottom of the back side of the reader.

In the photo of every color stacked, you can see a Mini-USB port and headphone jack on the bottom.

In the 360 view you can see four discrete buttons on the left edge, a bi-directional rocker button on the right edge and an omni-directional switch on the face. The SD slot either has to be on the top or in the 'battery compartment', but I can't find an image of the top.

An online user manual would help sales by answering some of these questions.

#19  wallcraft 05-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Quote pking36330
The SD slot either has to be on the top or in the 'battery compartment', but I can't find an image of the top.
On the top, based on image 14 from Engadget.

#20  pking36330 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Quote wallcraft
On the top, based on image 14 from Engadget.
Yep, found it on Crave also.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/36)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register