Read:
Just rereads again.

Purchased:
none

#3472  apesmom 08-07-2022, 10:02 PM
This week . . .

Call of Crows by Shelly Laurenston
#1 - The Unleashing - 3
Listened via Overdrive, not a fan of the narration, super annoying, pseudo-mid-atlantic accent. Missing the usual Laurenston humor.
Josh & Hazels Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren - 4
Listened via Overdrive, narration is good except for male narrator voicing females characters. Two very likeable characters.
Roomies by Christina Lauren - 4.5
Listened on Overdrive, narration is very good. Marriage of convenience with likable characters. There's no epilogue, I would have liked to hear how things developed down the road.
Edge Chronicles by Ilona Andrews
#2 - Bayou Moon - 4
#3 - Fate's Edge - 4
Listened on Overdrive, narration is good. Enjoying this series.

Purchased: none

#3473  apesmom 08-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Freebie! Free on Kobo, Free on Smashwords, $0.99 on Amazon

Midnight Layrinth (Elemental Legacy #1/Elemental Series #15) by Elizabeth Hunter
Spoiler Warning below

He’s one human caught in a tangled maze of theft, politics, magic, and blood.

In other words, it’s just another night.

Ben Vecchio escaped a chaotic childhood and grew to adulthood under the protection and training of one of the Elemental world’s most feared vampire assassins. He’s traveled the world and battled immortal enemies.

But everyone has to go home sometime.

New York means new opportunities and allies for Ben and his vampire partner, Tenzin. It also means new politics and new threats. Their antiquities business is taking off, and their client list is growing. When Ben is challenged to find a painting lost since the second world war, he jumps at the chance. This job will keep him closer to home, but it might just land him in hot water with the insular clan of earth vampires who run Manhattan.

Tenzin knew the painting would be trouble before she laid eyes on it, but she can’t deny the challenge intrigues her. Human laws mean little to a vampire with a few millennia behind her, and Tenzin misses the rush of taking what isn’t hers.

But nothing is more dangerous than a human with half the story, and Ben and Tenzin might end up risking their reputations and their lives before they escape the Midnight Labyrinth.

#3474  library addict 08-08-2022, 10:11 PM
Driven by Eve Silver (Northern Waste #1) (originally published as Eve Kenin) is free

Spoiler Warning below

In the harsh Northern Waste where human life is worth little, ice trucker Raina Bowen has learned to keep her eyes open and her knife close at hand. She's spent her life on the run, one step ahead of the megalomaniac who hunts her. All she wants is to stay out of trouble and haul her load of grain to Gladow Station—but trouble finds her in the form of a sexy stranger called Wizard. He has the trucking pass she needs, and she has to drag him out of a brawl with the very people she's trying to hide from in order to get it.

She may have rescued him, but Raina's not foolish enough to see Wizard as anything close to helpless. He's hard and honed and full of secrets—secrets that may destroy them both. As they race across the Waste, trying to outrun rival truckers, ice pirates, and the powerful man bent on their destruction, Raina's forced to admit that trouble's found her. And this time, there's nowhere left to run.

It was free wide back in 2017, but now appears to be Amazon only

Amazon

FWIW, I first read this book back when it was published by Dorcherter's Shomi line. I "reread" this extended self-published version back in 2016 and enjoyed it.

#3475  apesmom 08-09-2022, 05:18 PM
Now free on Amazon too.

Quote apesmom
Freebie! Free on Kobo, Free on Smashwords, $0.99 on Amazon

Midnight Layrinth (Elemental Legacy #1/Elemental Series #15) by Elizabeth Hunter
Spoiler Warning below

He’s one human caught in a tangled maze of theft, politics, magic, and blood.

In other words, it’s just another night.

Ben Vecchio escaped a chaotic childhood and grew to adulthood under the protection and training of one of the Elemental world’s most feared vampire assassins. He’s traveled the world and battled immortal enemies.

But everyone has to go home sometime.

New York means new opportunities and allies for Ben and his vampire partner, Tenzin. It also means new politics and new threats. Their antiquities business is taking off, and their client list is growing. When Ben is challenged to find a painting lost since the second world war, he jumps at the chance. This job will keep him closer to home, but it might just land him in hot water with the insular clan of earth vampires who run Manhattan.

Tenzin knew the painting would be trouble before she laid eyes on it, but she can’t deny the challenge intrigues her. Human laws mean little to a vampire with a few millennia behind her, and Tenzin misses the rush of taking what isn’t hers.

But nothing is more dangerous than a human with half the story, and Ben and Tenzin might end up risking their reputations and their lives before they escape the Midnight Labyrinth.

#3476  apesmom 08-11-2022, 12:30 PM
Freebie! not sure if it's been free before or not

Runaway Fate (#1 Moonstone Cove) by Elizabeth Hunter
Spoiler Warning below

Katherine wasn’t looking for anything extraordinary in her life. She had a job she loved, a husband she adored, and a home in the beautiful seaside town of Moonstone Cove.

Okay yes, she worked too much and had fallen out of touch with all her friends, but that happened to everyone, right? And sure, she was feeling a little creaky in the mornings and couldn’t drink coffee after noon, but that was just life in middle age.

Four minutes was all it took for fate to run away with anything that resembled normal.

Now Katherine is trying to place mysterious psychic visions into her previously ordered life. She’s playing referee between a displaced Southern mama and a sarcastic mechanic with a chip on her shoulder. And her quiet life has been upended by a mysterious rash of violent acts by students at her school.

Thankfully, her new friends have powers of their own, and together they just might discover who or what has it in for the quiet citizens of Moonstone Cove.

Runaway Fate is the first book in the hot new Paranormal Women’s Fiction series, Moonstone Cove by USA Today bestselling author, Elizabeth Hunter. It’s fiction for lovers of magic, mayhem, and a solid afternoon nap (when they can squeeze one in.)

#3477  sufue 08-11-2022, 05:42 PM
Now $0.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. The Kindle link is still good, and here's the Kobo link...

Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/rose-cottage-3

Quote sufue
Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle US. Since it's a Big 6 (or 5) publisher price drop, it has probably also dropped at Kobo US, but I'm having trouble with accessing the Kobo website, so can't verify.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GW4P058

#3478  apesmom 08-12-2022, 12:44 PM
Freebie! I haven't read this author yet but she's got another PNR chart topping series so worth a click.

Court of Shadows (Shadow Fae #1) by C.N. Crawford
Spoiler Warning below

Rags to riches is supposed to be a nice fantasy. Going from a cheap London hovel to an elite fae institute should be amazing, especially when it involves a medieval castle.

It's just not so great when the aristocratic jerks in the Tower want to crush you.

It starts when a lethally gorgeous fae--Ruadan--hunts me down. He's known as the Wraith, and he's taken a vow of silence to snuff out illegal magic. Fae magic that I possess. The Wraith lets me live on one condition: I have to earn my place at the Court of the Shadow Fae. I'm a survivor. I think I can manage the competition.

Too bad the posh recruits have it in for me. Worse, I'm forced to share a room with the silent Wraith, who is as sinister as he is hot. All it takes is one slip up, and I'm out. And at the Court of the Shadow Fae, failure means death.

#3479  apesmom 08-13-2022, 03:00 PM
Freebie! Books 1 & 2 have been free in the past year so you may already have them. 4.7 stars out of 3406 ratings. At some point I need to try this author.

Shielding Aspen (Delta Team Two #3)
Spoiler Warning below

An impulsive kiss, a jealous ex, and her future in the balance. He might be exactly what she needs.

Desperate to ditch her ex once and for all, when Aspen Mesmer asks a complete stranger to kiss her, she never expects to feel an immediate connection. Despite already dealing with one soldier she can’t shake, Aspen would be a fool to ignore the intense chemistry she shares with the Delta Force operative. Even better, he shows her the respect few others offer in her male-dominated profession. It’s clear she’ll never have the camaraderie she craves with her own platoon, but maybe…just maybe…she’ll find it with Kane and his team.

Kane “Brain” Temple isn’t the kind of man most women look at twice, so when Aspen makes her interest clear after their impulsive, explosive kiss, he’s thrilled. As a combat medic attached to a Ranger team, Aspen is pretty impressive in her own right. She might be one of the few women who can not only handle Brain’s frequent deployments, but understand exactly how dangerous his missions can be. Bonus: she’s not turned off by his nerdy tendencies. It’s as if Aspen was made just for him.

Her ex disagrees. He’s not handling Aspen’s rejection well, or her deepening relationship with Brain. Being thrown over for a Delta is humiliating, and he’ll do anything to make her regret it.

Kindle | Kobo | Google

#3480  library addict 08-14-2022, 02:07 PM
Weekly Report:

Read:

Purchased:
books 8-14.JPG 

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (348/363)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register