Mobileread
FREE/BARGAIN — Romance & Discussion
#21  BearMountainBooks 01-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Quote Blossom
No one does gifting but Amazon unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1528
Smashwords does gifting. Beneath the buy button on each book page there's a "Gifting" option.

#22  Blossom 01-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Quote BearMountainBooks
Smashwords does gifting. Beneath the buy button on each book page there's a "Gifting" option.
I'm pretty sure she was looking for a mainstream book not an indie but thanks.

Sent from my XT1528

#23  library addict 01-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Hmmm, Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet is not listed at Kobo yet. Goes on sale today. I wonder what Sourcebooks is doing.

Guess I shall have to wait to read it.

I miss Discover a New Love. At least you could buy ebooks directly from Sourcebooks then. (ETA: They only have the book listed in print, though it appears you can buy the first book in the series as epub).

#24  AnemicOak 01-03-2017, 01:30 AM
If you're looking for ePub, and not specifically Kobo, BAM has it as does Google.

Sourcebooks does sell some eBooks direct still, but it seems quite hit or miss as to what's available.

Don't know how Sourcebooks usually is with Kobo, but for some publishers/authors they still seem like an afterthought and books get put up there late.

#25  library addict 01-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I guess I'll have to get it at Google.

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what Sourcebooks sells at Kobo and what they don't. It's strange.

#26  AnemicOak 01-03-2017, 01:35 AM
I was surprised to see that BAM is actually cheaper than both Google & Amazon for it. Haven't bought an eBook from them before, but if their prices are generally lower I might have to consider it.

#27  library addict 01-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Hmm, I've never used BAM either. I figured it was same price everywhere.

I shall see about setting up an account there.

#28  Blossom 01-03-2017, 01:43 AM
Freading will have it if you have FLP or another public library that subscribes to them. They usually have it later that day or the next. If you want to read it for free. Hoopla may too. I can't remember if they have sourcebooks or not.

Sent from my XT1528

#29  library addict 01-03-2017, 01:48 AM
Quote Blossom
Freading will have it if you have FLP or another public library that subscribes to them. They usually have it later that day or the next. If you want to read it for free. Hoopla may too. I can't remember if they have sourcebooks or not.
Yeah, none of my libraries have it.

I set up an account with BAM and used Paypal.

It still shows as a pre-order, so not sure what time zone they're using. But hey, I got it for $5.34 plus tax. And it's always good to have another store to buy books at.

ETA: Booksamillion is also on Swagbucks. Shame I didn't check that before placing my order, but I'll know for next time.

#30  AnemicOak 01-03-2017, 01:52 AM
Look forward to your experience. From what they say on their website it should be a simple straight ADE download so hopefully no issues there. I wonder if they're using a distributor (like OverDrive) or if they're running their own Content Server.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (3/363)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register