Mobileread
Removing Header from .IMP
#1  ronin688 12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi all, I'm a loooong time REB-1100/EBW-1150 user.

My last REB-1100 just died on me, but I've been using EBW-1150 for a while now as well, and I need some advice. I have tried searching these forums, and others, and haven't found a solid answer.

Ok, SO what I'm trying to do is create .IMP files that do not have the 'Header' that shows author/title/chapter on every page. I find that it just cuts down on the readable area. I currently use the EBW Librarian to convert from .html/.doc etc, and there doesn't seem to be any option to do this.

Does anyone know a good program for creating the .IMP that has an option to remove the headers? I looked at the list of .IMP tools/software, but it's a long list, and I don't want to go one by one to check them unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks for your time.

#2  Jadon 12-12-2010, 08:07 PM
It's a registry hack. Though I prefer ETI's eBook Publisher for its greater versatility, like being able to have an anthology where tinyfont headers turn off for the first page of a new story, and change to fit each story, and other abilities.

#3  ronin688 12-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Thank you so much for the reply Jadon. That is fantastic, I'll try both of those options.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register