Mobileread
Anyone else find the screen of Touch HD too sensitive?
#1  chlorine 08-09-2020, 12:36 PM
I have a pocketbook touch HD (I'm unsure if it's a HD, HD2 or HD3: the model name on the device is PB631) and I like it a lot but I find the touch screen to be far too sensitive for my taste. I have long hair and the brush of my hair against the screen will cause a change in screen font which may be quite long. Same with my sleeves if I wear a garment with wide sleeves.

Does anybody else have the same feeling? I guess there's no way to make it less sensitive? (apart from breaking it

I don't think it's relevant but FWIW my device was sold under the Tea brand.

#2  nhedgehog 08-09-2020, 01:32 PM
There is a way to disable the display in newer firmwares.
The HD&HD2 have infrared touch, I like mine but ants on the display are having some influence. My time with long hair is long gone, so its not a problem for me.
The HD3 has capacitive touch, should be less reactive, but has smaller buttons too.
Most of the firmwares allow recalibrating the touch, something you could try before cutting your hair out of love for the device.

#3  cellaris 08-09-2020, 01:36 PM
That model has an infrared screen. I prefer it, but it's a matter of taste. In fact, the PB Touch HD 2 is still my favorite PocketBook device.

(Sorry. I didn't see the previous answer).

#4  nhedgehog 08-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Regarding the favourite device: mine is the HD2 too!

#5  chlorine 08-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your answers! I may install a stock pocketbook firmware on my device to benefit from this feature (and to be sure not to install a vivlio software by mistakes because they don't have functionalities I want).

Does anybody know how to tell if my device is a HD or HD2? (I very much doubt it's a 3 because it was bought 2 and a half years ago).
The settings menu only tells me it's Pb631.

#6  cellaris 08-09-2020, 03:48 PM
HD 2: With colour temperature adjustment.

HD: Without color temperature adjustment. Brightness only.

#7  chlorine 08-09-2020, 04:02 PM
Quote cellaris
HD 2: With colour temperature adjustment.

HD: Without color temperature adjustment. Brightness only.
Thanks, this means I have a HD. I'll go look up the pocketbook firmwares on their website.

#8  rcentros 08-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Quote chlorine
Does anybody else have the same feeling? I guess there's no way to make it less sensitive? (apart from breaking it
Under Settings do you have a Personalize submenu? If you do you might have a Key Mapping submenu. There (on my TL3) I have a PDF and DjVu submenu, which allows me to choose Touch screen lock when I double press the Menu key. I'm using 5.20.1157 firmware (the newest available for the TL3). I'm lucky, however, my screen is not super sensitive.

#9  chlorine 08-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Quote rcentros
Under Settings do you have a Personalize submenu? If you do you might have a Key Mapping submenu. There (on my TL3) I have a PDF and DjVu submenu, which allows me to choose Touch screen lock when I double press the Menu key. I'm using 5.20.1157 firmware (the newest available for the TL3). I'm lucky, however, my screen is not super sensitive.
I have a similar menu but couldn't find any screen lock in it. It would have been nice to have it at the press of a button as I use the buttons a lot for turning pages and it would be easy to turn the touch screen on for dictionary lookup or highlights.

#10  nhedgehog 08-11-2020, 03:15 AM
Just checked it on my HD2 with FW:U631.5.20.1527

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register