Mobileread
Missing covers
#1  umbrellahead0 06-07-2020, 06:40 AM
I am new to using an e-reader. Just bought a Incpad 3. I have noticed that when I import books from Calibre all of the books in mobi format are missing their covers. Also a couple of books in pdf format got this problem but none of the epubs. Anybody else encountered this problem? Any solutions I can try? I been looking for a way to download the cover in Incpad but it doesn’t seem possible or am I mistaken?

#2  Heim 08-01-2020, 05:20 PM
I personally had some problems with missing covers and incorrect metadata. I managed to solve this by converting everything to epub2, even the files that already were in epub2. Converting the files seems to embed the (updated) cover and metadata into the newly created file.

Maybe this is something you can try with your mobi files.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I don’t use an InkPad 3, but a Touch HD 3.

#3  umbrellahead0 08-10-2020, 12:53 AM
Quote Heim
I personally had some problems with missing covers and incorrect metadata. I managed to solve this by converting everything to epub2, even the files that already were in epub2. Converting the files seems to embed the (updated) cover and metadata into the newly created file.

Maybe this is something you can try with your mobi files.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I don’t use an InkPad 3, but a Touch HD 3.

I have a look at it and see if it works. I then return with an answer. Thanks in advance.

#4  umbrellahead0 08-13-2020, 11:07 AM
Quote Heim
I'm not sure what you mean with converting to "epub2", so I used calibre's inbuild converter and converted my mobi files to epub. That has done the trick and both covers and metadata are now available.

#5  ps67 08-13-2020, 12:40 PM
Quote umbrellahead0
I'm not sure what you mean with converting to "epub2", so I used calibre's inbuild converter and converted my mobi files to epub. That has done the trick and both covers and metadata are now available.
There are 2 version of the standard Epub file format: version 2 and version 3 (don't ask me why they did not begin from 1). Calibre can produce both, You can choose it from "EPUB Output" when You convert a file.

#6  umbrellahead0 08-14-2020, 02:15 AM
Quote ps67
There are 2 version of the standard Epub file format: version 2 and version 3 (don't ask me why they did not begin from 1). Calibre can produce both, You can choose it from "EPUB Output" when You convert a file.
Thanks for the clarification.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register