Mobileread
Can I keep zoom setting in new tabs?
#1  PKFFW 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi,

I've just installed the latest official Sigil and noticed that a new tab opens for each chapter. Great idea and seems to make loading quite a bit quicker.

However, I like to zoom in to 130% rather than the default 100% and each new tab is set to the default 100% when it opens.

Is there a way I can set Sigil to open each tab on whatever zoom factor I want so I don't have to manually change it each time?

Cheers,
PKFFW

#2  theducks 03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote PKFFW
Hi,

I've just installed the latest official Sigil and noticed that a new tab opens for each chapter. Great idea and seems to make loading quite a bit quicker.

However, I like to zoom in to 130% rather than the default 100% and each new tab is set to the default 100% when it opens.

Is there a way I can set Sigil to open each tab on whatever zoom factor I want so I don't have to manually change it each time?

Cheers,
PKFFW
Sticky Zoom

I would like a preference to open each newly added tab in a default choice of code view or book view

#3  Valloric 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote PKFFW

Currently you can't. Add it to the tracker.

#4  PKFFW 03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Done

Cheers,
PKFFW

#5  Sabardeyn 03-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Um, just a potentially related issue.

If Zoom is >100% PageUp & PageDown do not move the text a page based on the current zoom size. It remains stuck on the 100% page size. This also affects Search (possibly Search & Replace) by taking the user to the "location" of the searched term based on the 100% size - not the current zoom setting. This was true in v1.8 (I think). I have not check it on the v2.0.xx as yet.

If this is, as I think Kovid said when I mentioned similar activity in calibre, a QT related issue, I am not sure that their is anything that you can do about it. When I realized Sigil also made use of QT, I saw no reason to mention the problem.

#6  Valloric 03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote Sabardeyn
Um, just a potentially related issue.

If Zoom is >100% PageUp & PageDown do not move the text a page based on the current zoom size. It remains stuck on the 100% page size. This also affects Search (possibly Search & Replace) by taking the user to the "location" of the searched term based on the 100% size - not the current zoom setting. This was true in v1.8 (I think). I have not check it on the v2.0.xx as yet.
Already on the tracker. I know exactly how to fix this, I've just been putting it off until I start rewriting the search engine.

Quote Sabardeyn
If this is, as I think Kovid said when I mentioned similar activity in calibre, a QT related issue, I am not sure that their is anything that you can do about it. When I realized Sigil also made use of QT, I saw no reason to mention the problem.
I don't know what Kovid was referring to, but the issue I'm talking about is entirely fixable in Sigil.

#7  Sabardeyn 03-27-2010, 08:15 PM
It's great to hear that you can fix this issue. I particularly like to use zoomed text as it helps to relieve eye strain.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register