Mobileread
PocketBook 360 AVAILABLE! (but, please, read below about the retail box)
#1  Yar-PocketBooker 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM
YES, FINALLY, PB360 is available in the USA! The price looks very attractive, I think so: $239.99. Please, visit www.PocketBookReader.com to make an order.

IMPORTANT!!! Until approximately November 20, PocketBooks will be shipped WITHOUT cardboard retail box due to extreme slowliness of some printers in some state...

I thought that MR members were not very much into nice packaging, but rather into device itself. That's why I couldn't wait no more until some printers in some states will make up their mind and move their... printing equipment...)))) and decided to 'softlaunch' PB 360 without a retail box. Don't worry - they will be tripple-bubble-wrapped and delivered with no damage (remember the cover, also!).

For those who want to purchase PB360 for a gift to somone else - please, allow some more time, until the boxes are there. I understand that this is against all marketing rules and blah-blah-blah... but I was sure somehow that you, folks would understand me here: a device in hands now is more important than later, but with a pile of nicely printed cardboard that goes to garbage anyway. Am I right?

#2  Yar-PocketBooker 11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
where are you, everybody?

#3  Ebiumn 11-06-2009, 01:52 AM
I am in England, just checked the site and its almost $100 to ship it, why can't they be distributed from Europe as the cost would be lower, or even find a UK distributor.

thx

Darren

#4  kacir 11-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Quote Ebiumn
... why can't they be distributed from Europe as the cost would be lower
It *is* distributed also from within EU.
Contact our member Forkosigan

Just like Yar-PocketBooker he is just about to start official distribution. Last time I checked he still had some units in original (Russian) retail box.

BUT!
The cost is not lower ;-)
From USA you can purchase very cheap unit and you have to pay high post cost, plus customs. On the other hand, unit you can purchase from Germany is more expensive, so it just levels out ;-)

#5  Yar-PocketBooker 11-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Quote Ebiumn
I am in England, just checked the site and its almost $100 to ship it, why can't they be distributed from Europe as the cost would be lower, or even find a UK distributor.

thx

Darren
If you ship it with USPS Priority Mail, it's only 45 USD.

#6  bthoven 11-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Hi,
Very interesting. Please confirm that this one can display Thai and have Eng-Eng dictionary look up?

What accessories are included?

I try the check out with USPS shipped to Thailand, the shipping charge is ok for me.

For Pocketnews, will it retrieve full-content of feed or just a short paragraph?
Pocketnews.jpg 

#7  hare 11-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi, can you please tell me whether the battery for the PocketBook 360 is user replaceable?

If so, can these batteries be bought from the online store and shipped internationally too?

Thanks for the reply

#8  imaredr 11-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Ordered one! Thanks for the heads up! One question: The microSD card are they SDHC?

Ellen

#9  Yar-PocketBooker 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Quote imaredr
Ordered one! Thanks for the heads up! One question: The microSD card are they SDHC?

Ellen
Thanks, Ellen, I saw your order

The MicroSD card are MicroSDHC
they are very tiny-tiny-tiny

#10  Yar-PocketBooker 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Quote hare
Hi, can you please tell me whether the battery for the PocketBook 360 is user replaceable?

If so, can these batteries be bought from the online store and shipped internationally too?

Thanks for the reply
At the moment they are 'service-replacable', i.e. we change them in our service centers.

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register