Mobileread
PageEdit-0.9.5 Released
#41  BetterRed 10-17-2019, 01:53 AM
I must have forgotten to tell myself that I decided to stick with prior versions of Sigil AND PageEdit until the dust settled - Page Edit was version 0.8 (Igor Pavlov's version)

All working now fine now - new PE is nice.

Except when I changed Sigil's Launch External Editor shortcut to Ctrl/F2 (I use F2 for Rename) or Ctrl+Alt+P (never wanted to print from Sigil) it didn't work - when I changed it back to F2 it did work - I'm habituated to F2 for rename. The button worked; but, for me, button bars are

No big deal, happy to use OW PE on the OPF. Maybe Launch External Editor could be added to the Sigil Tools Menu.

Couple of suggestions for PE, make the Format menu available as a fly-out in context menu, ditto the file list, and configurable keyboard shortcuts, including Next and Previous files.

Haven't tried Folder In/Out yet

BR

#42  DiapDealer 10-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Quote BetterRed
Except when I changed Sigil's Launch External Editor shortcut to Ctrl/F2 (I use F2 for Rename) or Ctrl+Alt+P (never wanted to print from Sigil) it didn't work - when I changed it back to F2 it did work - I'm habituated to F2 for rename. The button worked; but, for me, button bars are
Hmmm. I'm able to change my Launch External Editor shortcut from F2 to Ctrl+F2 with no difficulty (Windows 10). So it must not be a problem that's inherent to PageEdit's codebase.

Quote BetterRed
Couple of suggestions for PE, make the Format menu available as a fly-out in context menu, ditto the file list, and configurable keyboard shortcuts, including Next and Previous files.
We're a ways away from configurable shortcuts for PageEdit. The Next and Previous buttons probably should have shortcuts in the meantime though.

#43  BetterRed 10-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Quote DiapDealer
Hmmm. I'm able to change my Launch External Editor shortcut from F2 to Ctrl+F2 with no difficulty (Windows 10). So it must not be a problem that's inherent to PageEdit's codebase.
The problem is in Sigil, I gave Ctrl+F2 to Add Semantics and it was fine.

I'm quite happy using OW->Page Edit on the opf. I use OW on image and xhtml file so why wouldn't I do the same on the opf file

I've long suspected that new shortcuts, especially those that default to function keys get 'screwed' up if I already have already assigned the function key to something else. I assigned F7 to spellcheck long before it was introduced as the default for I forget what, for a while I was losing my assignment whenever I installed a new version of Sigil, that seems to have stopped. Now I have this problem with another newly introduced shortcut that defaults to a function key.

I stand by the suggestion I made regarding losing F7; when upgrading an existing installation any new shortcuts should be assigned to empty lest they clash with a users existing customisations.

BR

#44  DiapDealer 10-17-2019, 07:19 PM
Quote BetterRed
The problem is in Sigil, I gave Ctrl+F2 to Add Semantics and it was fine.
Sigil is what I meant, actually. Assigning Ctrl+F2 to Launch External works just fine for me in Sigil.

Quote BetterRed
I stand by the suggestion I made regarding losing F7; when upgrading an existing installation any new shortcuts should be assigned to empty lest they clash with a users existing customisations.
Everybody sing it with me. It's an oldy but a goody. Can you guess what it is?
Spoiler Warning below

Patches welcome!

#45  PapaKilo 10-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Is there a way to open more than one file at a time?

PageEdit can obviously deal with more than one, but how do you get it to see all Sigil files at once.

#46  DiapDealer 10-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Quote PapaKilo
Is there a way to open more than one file at a time?
Yes. By having the latest Sigil and the latest PageEdit and having the opf file open when launching the external editor.

Quote PapaKilo
PageEdit can obviously deal with more than one, but how do you get it to see all Sigil files at once.
Even Sigil doesn't let you see all xhtml files "at once." You'll still need to move from one file to another with PageEdit's navigation buttons. But they'll all be open and ready to be worked on.

#47  PapaKilo 10-26-2019, 06:55 PM
Thanks, just what I was looking for.

« First  « Prev   (5/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register