Mobileread
Kindle -- KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ... (GPLv3)
#11  chrox 03-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote otichy
Hooray! Can I just update the older nightlies from Chrox's repo with the new ones - is it a simple update like that?
And thanks!
The former builds of kindlepdfviewer-touch are deprecated and replaced by new koreader. However, the history files of kindlepdfviewer-touch are completely compatible with koreader. Actually the last nightly build of kindlepdfviewer-touch is byte-to-byte identical to the first build of koreader except some differences of file names. You can have a fresh installation of koreader and move kindlepdfviewer/history directory into koreader directory. BTW, If you installed KPVBooklet to launch Kindlepdfviewer directly from Kindle home screen, you need to update KPVBooklet to version 0.4.3 or above to launch Koreader in the same way.

#12  Kai771 03-27-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm a bit late, but... Congratulations on the first official release! Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Kai

#13  hello_world 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM
And the Kindle 4 version will be quite soon, won't it?

#14  hawhill 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM
For the Kindle 4, currently Librerator is recommended (as is written - and linked to! - in the OP). I doubt that there will be a K4 version of the new KOReader code base faster than there will be a K2/KDX/K3 one.

#15  daffy 03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I managed to jailbreak, install KUAL, and install the application on my brand new Kindle Paperwhite (one day old) without any issues. I am on Kindle firmware version 5.3.4 (explicitly updated), the matching jailbreak, matching KUAL.

With koreader-v2013.03-18-g66d7de0.zip, I seem to be unable to terminate the KOReader application?

Whenever I touch the "Home" button in the upper toolbar, I always get taken back to the FileManager, but never to the Kindle main screen?

In the end I resorted to rebooting the device (press power button for 20 seconds). Being completely without experience with the Kindle, I was lost for a different way.

As a simple-minded consumer (completely clueless with the Kindle at the moment) and as a software developer I would expect that touching the "Home" icon would take me back to the "original" Kindle launch screen?

Defect or not? RTFM (err, wiki) did not really point me into a specific direction.

Many thanks in advance for your support!

#16  thomass 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote daffy
As a simple-minded consumer (completely clueless with the Kindle at the moment) and as a software developer I would expect that touching the "Home" icon would take me back to the "original" Kindle launch screen?
yes, it is supposed to. but there is a bug related with that.
Quote daffy
Defect or not? RTFM (err, wiki) did not really point me into a specific direction.
Did you read the second post?

Quote daffy
Many thanks in advance for your support!
I can propose a way to exit from the app: just replace attached (show attachment ») readermenu.lua with the existing one. This one adds a new item to upper menu to exit from the app similar to this one:
Spoiler Warning below

image »

I think having the exit and last viewed item option on the home menu is cooler though, looking forward to have it

EDIT: corrected the icon problem mentioned on #23

It is quite possible that this file could be outdated for the future releases of the koreader, you should check the differences between two files. I may send an updated version here if the problem still exist for them.

BTW: kpvbooklet hack is available now.

#17  chrox 03-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote daffy
Hi,

Whenever I touch the "Home" button in the upper toolbar, I always get taken back to the FileManager, but never to the Kindle main screen?
Yes. It's a known bug of koreader. You can track this bug here. For now you can avoid this by launching Koreader with KPVBooklet. More info can be found at the user guide page of Koreader.

#18  ondasalfa 03-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote hawhill
For the Kindle 4, currently Librerator is recommended (as is written - and linked to! - in the OP). I doubt that there will be a K4 version of the new KOReader code base faster than there will be a K2/KDX/K3 one.
I think koreader lost interest to many users, because all we use kpdfviewer have a K3 or KDXG and now in the new Koreader not been taken into account these models, which are the basis of the program. KPDFViewer and Koreader should be merged into one as it was the original idea, the program should be strengthened not weakened or divided. that's my opinion and I think the proof is that there is no participation in the forums about the new koreader as it had before with KPDFViewer. Anyway thanks to all those who give life to this program.

#19  twobob 03-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Hmm.. right.. or you could just say that this program is currently geared toward meeting the dire need on the "far more advanced and solid machines" for a decent interface and that meeting the needs of the predecessors is a secondary goal "right now"

They are not mutually exclusive ends.

#20  ondasalfa 03-31-2013, 01:05 AM
of course, I think Koreader should support K3 and KDX and follow all together the program development.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/107)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register