Mobileread
COPS : Calibre OPDS WordPress Plugin
#1  PetrusV 08-28-2020, 10:46 AM
Hi there,

I've always wanted COPS inside WordPress, and so finally hired a team of developers to create it for me at a massive cost.

Because it now exists inside WordPress, any existing WordPress plugin can be added. (you cannot control or sell the book downloads, as that is still using the original COPS php).

It works, and I have added membership and also private messaging plugins for the people on my site.

I will not give this away for free, because it was extremely expensive and took very long to create. But for those who are interested I am prepared to sell my working version at a fraction if what I paid.

The profits I make will go into further development.

Inbox me if you are interested.

#2  PeterT 08-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Are there any legal issues with your selling this seeing COPS is licensed under GPL 2.0

#3  DNSB 08-28-2020, 06:16 PM
Does this do anything that the Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin from the Guilderland Public Library doesn't do? That plugin has the capability to populate shelves using Calibre OPDS (and HTML) PHP Server API and works quite well.

#4  PetrusV 08-29-2020, 06:01 AM
Quote PeterT
Are there any legal issues with your selling this seeing COPS is licensed under GPL 2.0
I am not selling the COPS, but my WordPress plugin that interfaces with it. I do not have to sell the plugin at all, but I am not going to give it away for free as it really did cost me a fortune. So I guess it will remain with me alone. And I am happy with that.

#5  PetrusV 08-29-2020, 06:02 AM
Quote DNSB
Does this do anything that the Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin from the Guilderland Public Library doesn't do? That plugin has the capability to populate shelves using Calibre OPDS (and HTML) PHP Server API and works quite well.
No it has nothing to do with Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin.

#6  DNSB 08-29-2020, 02:01 PM
Quote PetrusV
No it has nothing to do with Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin.
What I asked is if your plugin does anything that the Library Bookshelves plugin does not already do. Not if it had anything to do with that plugin but what advantages does your plugin have. If I am expected to pay for your plugin, I want to know what the cost-benefits analysis has to offer.

#7  PetrusV 08-30-2020, 03:37 AM
Quote DNSB
What I asked is if your plugin does anything that the Library Bookshelves plugin does not already do. Not if it had anything to do with that plugin but what advantages does your plugin have. If I am expected to pay for your plugin, I want to know what the cost-benefits analysis has to offer.
I could never get bookshelves to work well with a library containing 25000 books, no matter what I tried. I even contacted the author. Even he could not get it working right. It would never finished populating, I guess because the JSON script times out. It never managed to crawl and create all my books. It was also missing the search, tags and display that COPS has. I wanted to preserve the look and feel and functionality of COPS in WordPress.
Seen here: https://pasteboard.co/JoJ1WiA.png

I also have multiple libraries, and bookshelves could not handle it well.

COPS WordPress is the same as COPS, you add your folder with calibre books and database, configure the path and everything is available immediately.

#8  huber70 10-23-2020, 12:05 AM
what's the price of this plugin, please?

Peter

#9  PetrusV 10-23-2020, 04:49 AM
Due to the controversial nature of my plugin, I have decided not to sell it anymore at this time. Sorry.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register