Mobileread
MapleRead - eBook Reader and Server for iOS
#581  cedhax 10-13-2020, 02:41 PM
Quote peaceridge
Is there a setting to allow me to highlight text, either epub or pdf? I long press, but nothing happens. It's probably something so simple I can't see it.
Open the "brightness" menu, and tap Gestures. Set the option Long Press on Text & Image to D or ON. This is applicable to both EPUB and PDF.

#582  peaceridge 10-13-2020, 02:45 PM
Quote cedhax
Open the "brightness" menu, and tap Gestures. Set the option Long Press on Text & Image to D or ON. This is applicable to both EPUB and PDF.
Thanks so much!! Yes, simple if you know what you're doing (obviously I do not, but I keep learning)!

#583  Acousticvillage 10-29-2020, 08:03 PM
Is there any way we can export our notes to a file like pdf or html?
With Marvin 3 we can select all our annotations and notes and export them to pdf. That pdf van then be inserted into study notebooks in Onenote, for example.
I know we can see our notes on the server and select them and then paste them into a document.
But it would be perfect if there were a choice of export options for notes and annotations in Mapleread.

#584  Acousticvillage 10-30-2020, 08:21 PM
Mapleread is fantastic and the good news is that it is still being supported. Because of that, I hope it steals a couple of Marvin 3 utilities such as
Exporting Notes to text or pdf
Tagging location with reading
Sending selections to one note.

Loving the app. But think it should move away from maplepop. Not necessary.

#585  tbergman 11-04-2020, 03:09 PM
I've been experiencing a problem with MapleRead that is new although I can't be sure when it started, probably within the last month. I've been using MapleRead as my sole book reader for years. This happens on many of the books I own but not all. I always read in portrait mode.

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5" with IOS 14..0.1 model NPHG2LL/A. MapleRead SE 3.5.2.

There are several issues, possibly all related. The first and easiest to demonstrate is when adjusting the font size by pinching. If I pinch/spread, the font on the small box in the middle changes correctly. When I let go and accept the new font, the size change much more that I asked for. If I increase the size slightly, it increases a lot. Same for reductions, a small change smaller results in a large change smaller. Changing the size using the on screen buttons A/A works correctly.

The second problem is the the reader does not always show me the last few lines of a chapter. The chapter will seem to end abruptly, paging ahead goes to the beginning of the new chapter. If I adjust the font size and go back a page, I can usually see the content of the previous chapter correctly.

The third problem is that sometimes the display of the columns will go completely out of whack. It will look like I'm in partial landscape mode. That is, the first columns displayed are from the previous page, then a gap, then some of the content of the current page. To resolve this temporarily, I usually kill the application and restart.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this? Can it be fixed?

#586  lxpose 11-05-2020, 01:23 PM
Quote tbergman
The second problem is the the reader does not always show me the last few lines of a chapter. The chapter will seem to end abruptly, paging ahead goes to the beginning of the new chapter. If I adjust the font size and go back a page, I can usually see the content of the previous chapter correctly.
I can confirm this with IOS 14.1

For some reason this problem seems to have been resolved on updating to IOS 14.2

#587  RandomLibrarian 11-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Where are all the books kept? I'm honestly a bit tired of curating Calibre and need a break. I just want to put all my books in MapleRead for now. The thing that I am curious about. Where do they go on the device? Is there a way to back them up on iCloud or something? Not that I expect my iphone to fail, but like I said curious about what is possible.

#588  slantybard 11-22-2020, 11:36 PM
So, I am still having a bug issue with MR3.5.2 where my epubs will "freeze" and not be responsive to touch inputs to turn to the next page. This always happens towards the end of a book (75% or later and book size does not matter) and always on the first page of a new chapter. I have had this issue with both:
-iphone XSMax and 12
-iOS 14.1, 14.2, and 14.2.1
-re-installed the MR app several times and the entire library of epubs after full deletion

The only way around this is to repeatedly touch the screen forward area alternating with touching the middle area so that the menu shows up. After about 5 seconds of doing this, the page will finally turn to the next page.

I have reported this to MaplePop and they asked me to see if this happened with their Alice in Wonderland ePub which I have reported back that it does but have not heard anything back again.

I was wondering if there is anyone else that has had this issue at all?

#589  peaceridge 11-23-2020, 09:37 AM
slantybard, I also have that problem. My solution is to swipe up to get to my ipad's home screen. The swipe up half way on that screen and pause. Once the active apps are showing, fling Marvin off to close. Then when you go back to Marvin it's fine again. It doesn't happen very often, but it is one of the reasons I've gone back to my android tablet for reading.

« First  « Prev   (59/59)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register