Mobileread
Silicone "case" for Kindle
#31  TallMomof2 05-22-2008, 12:17 PM
If you take the stand off the Vizu case then it will barely fit into the M-edge case. Definitely doesn't work with the original Kindle case.

#32  Whitecollar 05-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Quote TallMomof2
If you take the stand off the Vizu case then it will barely fit into the M-edge case. Definitely doesn't work with the original Kindle case.
My blue one does fit into the original case, though it's a little tight.

David

#33  pestrat 06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I ordered and received the clear "skin" for my Kindle. Looks great but it fit too snug - it would depress the right-side Next Page bar and the pages would advance automatically. I ultimately cut out the area of the Next Page Bar, and now the skin fits fine and does not cause any problems with the Kindle.

#34  Drevil123 06-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Quote pestrat
I ordered and received the clear "skin" for my Kindle. Looks great but it fit too snug - it would depress the right-side Next Page bar and the pages would advance automatically. I ultimately cut out the area of the Next Page Bar, and now the skin fits fine and does not cause any problems with the Kindle.
Where did you get your from? The one from Kroo is way too snugged and does not have cutout for scroll bar. I received the one from Vizu and it was fine. If might of been too tight the first time you put it on. But if you play around with it and lightly stretch it for 2-3 mins, the case will fit fine. The vizu one fits the original book cover, if you snip off the 4 silicone circle thingys on the back. I modify mine and it looks great.

#35  pestrat 06-15-2008, 12:30 AM
I ordered mine through Amazon.com. I tried stretching it out but that didn't help, that's why I grabbed my exacto knife and cut out the section covering the right hand next page bar. Now, it works out fine.

#36  Drevil123 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Quote pestrat
I ordered mine through Amazon.com. I tried stretching it out but that didn't help, that's why I grabbed my exacto knife and cut out the section covering the right hand next page bar. Now, it works out fine.
Is it from Kroo or Vizu? My Vizu one does not have this problem.

#37  JSWolf 06-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Why is it they cannot make it fit without your having to modify it?

#38  Alisa 06-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Jon,

I need a little clarification for your question. I'm reading about two variations here. One is for the Kroo. It doesn't seem to take the scroll bar into account so people have to actually cut out space to see it if they want to use this case. (hence it doesn't seem very popular) The Vizu doesn't have this issue. It seems designed with Kindle in mind. It does have a stand that hooks into holes in the back.. If you decide you want to have BOTH the Vizu case and another case like the M-edge, you may have to give up the stand on the Vizu. The little bump-outs the stand fits into makes it hard to slide the Kindle into other cases.

Tough decision. I prefer to read out of case so the silicone Vizu looks good to me but I like the traditional cases when I travel for the protection.

#39  Whitecollar 06-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Does any one else have the blue one with the stand? Mine fits with the blue one on, with the stand still attached, into the original case.

David

#40  MoSo 06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Bought the Vizu (the one with the stand), usd it for about a week and then went back to my red M-Edge case. The Vizu is a very loose fit, easy to get on and off.

« First  « Prev   (4/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register