Mobileread
Silicone "case" for Kindle
#11  TallMomof2 05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Quote Elsi
I want a green one. Guess I need to wait for the Kroo to be available.
I'd prefer green but blue is a close second. The pink reminded me too much of Pepto Bismol.

#12  MoSo 05-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Quote TallMomof2
I'd prefer green but blue is a close second. The pink reminded me too much of Pepto Bismol.
The pink assures me that the spouse will NEVER mistake mine for his.

#13  Ervserver 05-15-2008, 02:09 AM
The pink has yet to ship

Quote TallMomof2
My blue silicon cover has already been shipped! However, it's been sent via the US Post Office from the third party seller. That means that even though I have a tracking number it won't show any information until after it's delivered since most of the time the bar code isn't scanned until my excellent postal carrier scans the delivery confirmation label when she leaves it at my house.

#14  honeybunny 05-15-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm interested if this case alleviates the accidentally-pushing-the-buttons problem. Using the default Kindle case I don't have any trouble not pushing the buttons, but holding the Kindle without the case is awkward. But this one is such a close-fitting sleeve that I wonder if it will help with that at all.

#15  Ervserver 05-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Our pink skin shipped today

#16  vagelis 05-17-2008, 09:02 PM
A clear one is in the mail for me...
The pictures of the black and blue made my choice eazy... and pink was clearly out of the question

#17  Kingston 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I got the clear one and the black one today. Whoever designed these things did not turn the Kindle on before finalizing the product.

The Kindle fits snugly in the cover. Biggest problem is they designed it to cover up the luminescent strip which runs along the right side.

As anyone knows that is the essence of the GUI. You have to position the sparkly cursor to whichever menu item you want before clicking the control wheel.

As it is designed, you are fishing in the dark, since you can no longer see where the cursor is on the strip.

I quickly modified my cases by trimming off that portion which covered the control strip. I did the black one with the Kindle in and the clear one with the Kindle out. Both look kinda raggedy.

Whoever designed it did not use it with the Kindle turned on...or didn't know how the device functioned.

Also, the square for the control wheel is small and a bit raised, making it harder to control.

As anyone who has used a Kindle knows the wheel does not always respond initially, so making it even LESS responsive is a definite no-no.

Give this case a 'F' or 'D-'. I doubt it will stay on my device very long.

I was hoping it would be like the M-edge Leisure case for the 505 where the screen is also covered, keeping dust and stains out. The screen is just as exposed with these cases as it is out of the case.

Don't buy it unless you want a less responsive wheel and you understand you'll have to trim off the part covering the cursor strip.

#18  daffy4u 05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the review Kingston. The clear one was on my wishlist... not anymore.

#19  Ervserver 05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
oh the queen isn't gonna like this...even though its pink

#20  Kingston 05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Quote Ervserver
oh the queen isn't gonna like this...even though its pink
Luckily it came directly from Amazon, so mine go back tomorrow (after I glue 'em back together).

The one-star reviews are going to pile up....behold:

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00190QMHU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showView points=1

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register