Mobileread
Screen darker in corner
#1  lvd4 10-24-2010, 04:50 PM
I purchased my EBW1150 in May of this year. I have been using the screen brightness fairly bright until recently when wanting to extend battery life in places where charging is a bit of challenge (solar power). The lower left portion of my screen is a shade darker than the rest. I have written to ETI support but thought I would run this by you people if anyone has experienced the same thing.
FYI, my husband has one also and his screen is uniformly lit.

With thanks,
Lvd4

#2  250 Coupe 10-25-2010, 06:35 AM
My first one was even over the whole screen but like an idiot, I sold it.

My current one does not have even contrast between the top and bottom halves and one of the back light LEDs is dimmer than the others.

I read with the brightness slider one click from off most of the time since I usually read in bed. I get around 22 hours between charges.

Michael

#3  DaleDe 10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
You can play around with the contrast and backlight settings to achieve nearly uniform brightness. Anytime I change the brightness I have to fiddle with the contrast.

Dale

#4  lvd4 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
ETI TechSupport suggested just that DaleDe. It does fix the problem but only for a short time, and the dark area slowly appears again. After telling them this, they said they will send a replacement unit - that it should not require multiple adjustments.

#5  DaleDe 10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote lvd4
ETI TechSupport suggested just that DaleDe. It does fix the problem but only for a short time, and the dark area slowly appears again. After telling them this, they said they will send a replacement unit - that it should not require multiple adjustments.
Great, they have excellent service.

Dale

#6  shighfield 11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I can't understand why they are not a huge company with tons of employees and money in the bank! They have the best tech support.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register