Mobileread
Downloading Kindle file from Amazon
#1  bookman2 05-08-2018, 12:24 PM
You'll see I am a beginner! I want to download a book that is only available in Kindle format from Amazon. Then I want to convert it to EPUB format in Calibre. To do that I need the file on my computer. But the Amazon website only offers me the option of downloading to the Kindle cloud. Can anyone advise me?

#2  shalym 05-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Quote bookman2
You'll see I am a beginner! I want to download a book that is only available in Kindle format from Amazon. Then I want to convert it to EPUB format in Calibre. To do that I need the file on my computer. But the Amazon website only offers me the option of downloading to the Kindle cloud. Can anyone advise me?
Not sure that this is the correct forum for this, but...
If you want to download a book from Amazon, you have to either install Amazon for Mac/PC, or have a Kindle device and use the "download and transfer via usb" option. Without either of these, you only have the option to put it into the Cloud Reader.

Shari

#3  jhowell 05-09-2018, 02:47 PM
There is additional information in the thread: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre

#4  kcladyz 05-17-2018, 10:11 PM
Quote bookman2

You got to down load Kindle for PC. Older version not the current version then disable auto updates. it will give you ebooks in a form you can convert. You will have to google it for i do not remember the website

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register