Mobileread
New version available
#11  mikelv 11-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks for your feedback, Dale!

Quote DaleDe
Love the new version. When I click on an entry in the TOC I would like the focus to switch back to the text page so that I can page through the current file using the space bar. I need to remember to click the focus back to the reading page.
Yes I know, this is annoying. It's already on the change list for the next version.

Quote DaleDe
Another item would be to remember where I am in the book so that if I leave it and return it would pick up where I left off. Perhaps that one is difficult. Maybe it would be easier if I could just tell it to remember.
Some other people asked already for this. Your are right, this is more difficult to implement. I'll put it on the change list with Prio 2.

#12  DaleDe 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Quote mikelv
Some other people asked already for this. Your are right, this is more difficult to implement. I'll put it on the change list with Prio 2.
I tried using the browser bookmark facility which does mark the book, but unfortunately does not mark the file you are on, much less the place in the file. Maybe this could be a solved with some intermediate capabilities. Glad to here it is at least on the list.

Dale

#13  mikelv 11-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Quote ericshliao
Just tried v1.20. Working fine on my desktop.
I had a problem not being able to open epub files on my local disk with v1.11. the problem still exists.
Please try the new version: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62933
Please let me know, if the problem is fixed.

#14  mrmikel 11-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I installed it by opening it with Firebox.

Sorry, unfortunately an error occured during processing your ePub-book .
Please help us improving EPUBReader and send the following information to epubread@gmail.com. Thank you!
------------------ start: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:14:55 GMT
store: begin
store: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\18\Command_Decisions.ep ub
store: end
zip: begin
zip: end
getContent: begin
readFile: begin, C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\18\META-INF\container.xml
readFile: end
readFile: begin, C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\18\metadata.opf
createNav: begin
readFile: begin, C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\18\toc.ncx
createNav: end
storeEpub: insert into book(path, name, title, author, url, first) values("18", "Command_Decisions.epub", "Command Decisions", "Greenfield, Kent", "file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zk55ancf.default/epub/18", "content/70-7_0.xhtml")
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zk55ancf.default/extensions/%7B5384767E-00D9-40E9-B72F-9CC39D655D6F%7D/components/epubreader.js :: anonymous :: line 173" data: no]

Another booki:
Sorry, unfortunately an error occured during processing your ePub-book .
Please help us improving EPUBReader and send the following information to epubread@gmail.com. Thank you!
------------------ start: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:17:10 GMT
store: begin
store: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\19\19.epub
store: end
zip: begin
zip: end
getContent: begin
readFile: begin, C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\19\META-INF\container.xml
readFile: begin, C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\19\OEBPS\volume.opf
createNav: begin
readFile: begin, C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\zk55ancf.default\epub\19\OEBPS\toc.ncx
createNav: end
storeEpub: insert into book(path, name, title, author, url, first) values("19", "19.epub", "Musa Piscatrix", "John Buchan", "file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zk55ancf.default/epub/19/OEBPS", "Content-000.xml")
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zk55ancf.default/extensions/%7B5384767E-00D9-40E9-B72F-9CC39D655D6F%7D/components/epubreader.js :: anonymous :: line 173" data: no]

#15  mikelv 11-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for your feedback Mikel!

Which version did you use before? 1.2.1? I guess not.

Please go to "C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/zk55ancf.default/" and delete the subdirectory "epub" with all contents.

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem if you upgrade directly to 1.2.2. I'll fix this before I upload it to Mozilla.

#16  Laisvunas 11-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Hi Micael,

Quote mikelv
In my opinion the only buttons which are rarely used are the preferences and the help button. They could be moved to a Firefox menu but I prefer to have direct access, the space they use is not so large. Library button and increase/decrease font size buttons will be often used. Increase/decrease font size changes the font size just for the currently displayed ePub not in general. If you opened an ePub with small/large font size, I'm sure you don't want to go first to a menu to change this.

These buttons are needed, because they offer the only garanteed way to navigate through the ePub from the beginning to the end. The TOC is not, because someone could decide to have just very rare entries in it and I have seen even ePubs without any entry. For an explanation how the buttons and TOC work, please check this posting http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...91&postcount=5.
I do not say that all those buttons are not needed; I only say that they might be rarely used and instead of using them a reader might want to have more screen space. So, it's OK that these buttons are present; they should be present by default, but it would be a great improvement if in those cases when they are not needed one could remove them and later restore.

Quote mikelv
Okay, good point. What should be happen, if one opens a book by clicking on a link on the library page? Open again a new tab?
This is not so important from my point of view. Clicking on a link on the library page might open a publication in the same tab or in the new tab. What is important is that clicking on the library button current publication should not be closed.

Quote mikelv
Do you mean the links in the TOC? What would be in your opinion the reason that one would use right click on TOC entries?
Yes, I mean links in TOC. The reason for right-clicking on TOC links is the need to open the same publication in several places preserving its full functionality. This feature might not seem very important for fiction readers, but for reading some text for study, some theoretical text or some formal text such feature is essential. Those texts are constantly read at several places at the same time, so the feature allowing easy access to several parts is needed. I'm very diappointed with all other EPUB readers because no one supports tabs, which are crucial for good readeing experience. EPUBReader being Firefox add-on supports tabs, but that support is not full - right click on the link in TOC opens publication page without TOC, i.e. not fully functional publication.

#17  Steven Lyle Jordan 11-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Like the upgrade. The only thing I'd like to see is a bit of a margin on the left and right side (I don't need more than an N-space or M-space), just to keep the characters off the edges. Other than that... I'm good!

#18  mikelv 11-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote Steve Jordan
Like the upgrade. The only thing I'd like to see is a bit of a margin on the left and right side (I don't need more than an N-space or M-space), just to keep the characters off the edges. Other than that... I'm good!
Hi Steve, thanks for your feedback!

As the possibility to add margins is now requested several times, I'll add this to the next version.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register