Mobileread
What to do with a broken Kobo screen
#11  pholy 01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for that explanation, Taming. Can we c&p that into the FAQ sticky thread?

#12  MikeLC 01-14-2011, 02:03 AM
from the looks of that picture it looks to be a broken connection on the Kobo which happens if the connectors were loose or came off (similar to when you get dead pixals on a phone or television)

you can contact kobo at 1866-204-4714 if you are in Canada or US between 8am-12am Monday - Friday

Notify Kobo that you have a defective kobo screen and wish to have it replaced, I would do this all through the phone simply because it takes quite some time to get answers through an email.

Also there are Kobo employees that post here from time to time so I would recommend sending them a Private Message discribing your issue and sending them your pictures as proof.

If your kobo is an original Kobo you will only beable to get this resolved through Kobo if it's a wifi Kobo, Chapters/Indigo can exchange the defective Kobo (if your have a certain color and we are sold out you will have to pick another color).

#13  taming 01-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote MikeLC
Notify Kobo that you have a defective kobo screen and wish to have it replaced, I would do this all through the phone simply because it takes quite some time to get answers through an email.
I admit it, I do not like using phone support--especially when the fact that the reader is defective (rather than broken) is clear only by looking at the picture. More then that, although doing things via email or the website can take longer, there is a written record of exactly what was said and done. No "he said, she said" conflicts in the future.

That being said, for many things a phone call can solve the problem straightaway AND a ticket can be opened for the issue brought to kobo by phone that cannot be immediately resolved. It is important for the person to ask for the ticket number, and follow up using that number. I believe that once a ticket is open, it should show up in the appropriate tab in help.kobobooks.com no matter how the process began--but I may be wrong about that. A phone support user would need to chime in here to know for sure.

#14  taming 01-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote pholy
Thanks for that explanation, Taming. Can we c&p that into the FAQ sticky thread?
It's just my opinion, so I am not sure it is FAQ worthy.

#15  h.k. 01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Thank you all for your useful and helpful comments. I've already made a donation to a worthy charitable organization as my penitence, and was moving on; but after reading the replies I have decided to follow the Kobo support route. I have a ticket number and the next step is to send it back to them (Nucomm), for their evaluation. If it is really damaged/broken, it will only cost me the return shipping charge ($10-$15). And if is' actually defective then I will owe you all a big thank you. (I guess it's also possible that it is defective and broken, then I'll have to prove that I broke one that was already defective, but I'll worry about that if I get there)
hk

#16  h.k. 01-24-2011, 09:56 AM
The Happy Ending

Kobo support replaced the e-reader at no charge. They responded very quickly - within a few days, and I'd like to thank you all for encouraging me to follow that route.

I was thinking of going back to the store where I originally bought the e-reader, the store that told me it was 100% broken, to show them that they were wrong; but who knows, maybe they were right and Kobo support were just being nice.

In any case I'm happily koboing again, and for me, Kobo support is the best support organization on the planet.
Thank you Kobo support.

hk

#17  sabredog 01-24-2011, 06:23 PM
A great outcome.

#18  The Terminator 01-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Awesome

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register