Mobileread
Convert to mobi after adding book to server
#1  gonzalo.cao 09-03-2018, 07:44 AM
I finally decided to move my calibre to a private server and manage it from web interface. It works flawlessly and I can add books without problems.

My point is that I need to convert epub to mobi in order to use it with my kindle. In local machine (GUI interface) I can do it automatically when adding new books to library. Is it possible to have the same functionality when using calibre-server?

I now I can do it with ebook-converter command. But can it be invoked every time I add a book to my library?

Regards

#2  gonzalo.cao 09-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Ups sorry, I've just found a post asking for the same feature

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=299578

I'll keep an eye on it.

thanks!

#3  kovidgoyal 09-03-2018, 08:32 AM
You can do it from the web interface, assuming you have an up-to-date version of calibre. When you add the book, click the convert icon in the top right corner of the book details page.

#4  gonzalo.cao 09-18-2018, 07:24 AM
You're right @kovidgoyal, thanks for your help!

Maybe the icon is not too much illustrative (despite I cannot suggest a better one, it seems "regfresh" poage) Post image just for any other one that can have the same doubt.

Regards

image »

#5  kovidgoyal 09-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Yeah the icon is not very good, but I cant come up with a better one. Itis similar to the convert books button in calibre itself, which was the best I could do.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register