Mobileread
New Leaf Nominations for April 2019 • The Way I Heard It: Retellings
#91  CRussel 03-13-2019, 12:59 AM
Quote Dazrin
It will let you buy that in the US? I see the listing but it returns "This title is not currently available for purchase" for all four titles.
Working on my US account. $0.75. But only when it seems me coming from Canada, even though it's a US account. Also available in the UK. So, if you want it, either get one of us to get it for you (I'll be happy to, fwiw), or do a little traveling.

#92  Dazrin 03-13-2019, 01:18 AM
Quote CRussel
Working on my US account. $0.75. But only when it seems me coming from Canada, even though it's a US account. Also available in the UK. So, if you want it, either get one of us to get it for you (I'll be happy to, fwiw), or do a little traveling.
Thank you. I've still got them in paper so don't really feel like I need to buy it again right away. Without US availability I didn't think I should nominate it though.

#93  Victoria 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Quote Dazrin
Without US availability I didn't think I should nominate it though.
No, you really couldn’t; sorry for the false hope. But maybe it’s a good omen for showing up in the US sometime in the future.

#94  Victoria Today, 03:04 PM
Hi - just a heads up for kindle users. I bought this cheap version of The Daughter of Time from US Amazon. There are so many errors it’s unreadable:

https://www.amazon.com/Daughter-Time-Best-illustrated-ebook/dp/B079P7YC8W/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Best+illustrated+The+Daughter+ of+Time&qid=1553367199&s=digital-text&sr=1-1-catcorr

Someone must have ocr’d it without making any corrections. So I ended up buying this complete set of Inspector Grant Mysteries, which is very clean and readable:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Inspector-Grant-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B01DRXDX9Q/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=The+Complete+Inspecto r+Grant+Mysteries&qid=1553367518&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

#95  Bookpossum Today, 04:10 PM
How annoying for you. But I hope you enjoy Tey’s books now you have several of them.

« First  « Prev   (10/10)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register