Mobileread
Output Options...Split File...Size
#1  FDPuthuff 01-14-2021, 10:17 PM
When I am converting from MS Word .docx to EPUB2, I notice that I get a lot of .html files.
Under Preferences > Output Options, I see my "Split files larger than:" is set to 260KB.
If it's really just a matter of how large of files I want to deal with for cleanup, that's a fine answer too. I just have no clue if there are reasons to choose one way or the other.

#2  theducks 01-15-2021, 12:03 AM
Leave it alone. The size was chosen because older devices choked when a file got larger.

This is a MAX limit. No bigger than...
Other rules can break up files. This only kicks in IF the other does not happen first. File per Chapter is a common way

#3  BetterRed 01-15-2021, 04:50 AM
If you apply a Heading style (Heading-1, Heading-2 etc) to your chapter names in Word, and you use the default DOCX conversion settings you will get each chapter in a separate XHTML file.

See ==>> Format specific tips

BR

#4  FDPuthuff 01-28-2021, 07:50 PM
Quote BetterRed
If you apply a Heading style (Heading-1, Heading-2 etc) to your chapter names in Word, and you use the default DOCX conversion settings you will get each chapter in a separate XHTML file.
I do this and you are correct, one chapter per XHTML. The issue is, I have 42 end-notes. Each on their one page. How do others usually deal with end-notes? One per page, or, I guess, multiple per page? and why?

#5  kovidgoyal 01-28-2021, 10:26 PM
If you really want your endnotes all together ona single page, then use the appropriate option in the docx input section ofthe conversion dialog.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register