Mobileread
Newbie text to epub conversion
#11  Doitsu 11-30-2020, 04:03 AM
@michaelbr you really might want to give dotepub a try. It's much easier to remove a couple of ads than having to deal with each single line.
If you're a Fireforx user, also try to enable the Reader View option, which'll remove a lot of clutter. (It's also available as a Chrome extension.)

#12  deback 11-30-2020, 09:25 AM
Quote michaelbr
Thanks deback, but the trouble is to remove the CR, I don't think it can be removed automatically (there're CR at the end of each line and at the end of paragraph), is there any other way than to remove manually?
Yes, remove manually in a text editor, but I would try this first: Find \n\n and replace it with \n. Hopefully, the line space that should be there after a paragraph would be at \n\n\n.

#13  retiredbiker 11-30-2020, 12:12 PM
Quote deback
Yes, remove manually in a text editor, but I would try this first: Find \n\n and replace it with \n. Hopefully, the line space that should be there after a paragraph would be at \n\n\n.
Doing this in a text editor just replacing \n\n with \n would remove the blank lines, making it worse. If I have a text file with "blank" lines, what I do is basically:

Replace \n\n with some unused symbol, like #
Replace \n with a space
Replace the # with \n
Replace space space with space a few times to get rid of multiple spaces.

It's almost always messier than just that, but that is the basic process.

#14  theducks 11-30-2020, 12:20 PM
I have 5 'Join type' REGEX S&R that I use.
Only 2 do I ever run in ALL mode. the other 3, I step thru and do a Find (aka skip) if the visual shows it should not be applied.
It takes me 5-10 minutes to do the whole book. There are ALWAYS a couple of cases the the keyboard Del or Enter is used.
Take a few and learn REGEX (there are a couple of tutorials here at MR). It will pay off and make fixing so much easier that doing multiple Conversions while trying to fine tune the Heuristics settings

#15  michaelbr 12-02-2020, 12:43 PM
Quote theducks
I have 5 'Join type' REGEX S&R that I use.
Only 2 do I ever run in ALL mode. the other 3, I step thru and do a Find (aka skip) if the visual shows it should not be applied.
It takes me 5-10 minutes to do the whole book. There are ALWAYS a couple of cases the the keyboard Del or Enter is used.
Take a few and learn REGEX (there are a couple of tutorials here at MR). It will pay off and make fixing so much easier that doing multiple Conversions while trying to fine tune the Heuristics settings
Thanks theducks for this tip, I start to have the same feeling, there are too many places for one to tweak to accomplish the desired results. If I learn REGEX, it'll solve my problems not on this topic, also in other places/apps where REGEX is required.

#16  davidfor 12-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Quote michaelbr
Thanks theducks for this tip, I start to have the same feeling, there are too many places for one to tweak to accomplish the desired results. If I learn REGEX, it'll solve my problems not on this topic, also in other places/apps where REGEX is required.
All I can say is: https://xkcd.com/1171/

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register