Mobileread
Upgrading Kobo OS, what impact does it have on KOReader?
#11  sladflob 11-22-2020, 09:56 PM
So the last couple of Kobo firmware updates have installed themselves and overwritten the ExcludeSyncFolders setting in eReader.conf. Has this always been the case or that something new? I think in the past I've either flashed the firmware myself or used the script which restores that setting, but recently I've left the wifi on after using Nickel to read Pocket articles and it's caught me out by updating itself.

#12  NiLuJe 11-22-2020, 10:26 PM
@sladflob: Never seen it happen myself.

#13  sladflob 11-22-2020, 11:55 PM
Quote NiLuJe
@sladflob: Never seen it happen myself.
That's odd. What's worse is that when I add the line back in and unplug it it proceeds to delete all the icons from the KOReader install, so I have to copy them in again.

#14  NiLuJe 11-23-2020, 10:30 AM
@sladflob: That, on the other hand, is the expected behavior when the config entry has been added too late .

#15  sladflob 11-23-2020, 06:26 PM
Quote NiLuJe
@sladflob: That, on the other hand, is the expected behavior when the config entry has been added too late .
Yes, but I don't have much choice once it's automatically updated. It's really annoying, especially with kobo updates happening every week or so these days. I'll try installing the next one manually and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

#16  NiLuJe 11-23-2020, 07:54 PM
True, just wanted to point out that, that, at least, was not random .

Nickel updates generally come every month, not week .

I usually let one go OTA and do the other manually, FWIW, and, nope, never happened ^^.

#17  sladflob 11-25-2020, 05:42 AM
Well I just manually upgraded to 15875 and it didn't overwrite Kobo eReader.conf so I don't know what happened before. Next time I'll let it do the upgrade OTA and see what happens.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register