Mobileread
kobopatch - An improved patching system
#11  jcn363 05-28-2018, 03:53 AM
Quote geek1011
Thanks for the feedback. As for kobopatch itself, is it working well for you?

So you want to be able to have a dir which gets added to KoboRoot.tgz after the patches are applied, right?
Yes, please.

Can we have groups of settings in kobopatch.yaml?

Spoiler Warning below

Code
overrides: normal: no src/nickel.patch: Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%: no ... reduced: yes src/nickel.patch: Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%: yes ...

#12  Terisa de morgan 05-28-2018, 06:00 AM
I have a question. There are some patches that, aside of been enabled or no, accept some customization (Custom footer (page number text), for example). How would you handle it here?

#13  geek1011 05-28-2018, 09:28 AM
Quote Terisa de morgan
I have a question. There are some patches that, aside of been enabled or no, accept some customization (Custom footer (page number text), for example). How would you handle it here?
I wouldn't. That's currently beyond the scope of kobopatch, because there is no clean way it can be implemented (covering edge cases, validation) and it would make it a bit confusing to use. I also wanted to keep as much logic as possible in the patch files itself to make it easier to maintain (it's currently the same number of lines of code as the original one). More complexity means more bugs and less checks. The way I was considering was a variables section in kobopatch.yaml which is substituted into all patches which match, but I decided against it. Also keep in mind that users may not necessarily know how to use the feature.

If one of you can think of a better way to implement this, I'd be happy to consider it.

Also, what would you think of a print instruction to show a message to the user during patching? This would be useful to inform about dangerous patches or things like that.

#14  geek1011 05-28-2018, 09:29 AM
No problem!

Quote jcn363
Can we have groups of settings in kobopatch.yaml?

Spoiler Warning below

Code
overrides: normal: no src/nickel.patch: Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%: no ... reduced: yes src/nickel.patch: Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%: yes ...
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking.

#15  OfficerAction 05-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Thanks! Nice work

#16  geek1011 05-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Quote OfficerAction
Thanks! Nice work
You're welcome!

#17  jcn363 05-29-2018, 03:31 AM
Quote geek1011
No problem!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking.

Nowadays I have a "mom's" configuration, a "bad eyes" configuration and a simple one with games.
My purpose is to maintain all of them at the same place.
Is this possible?

#18  Terisa de morgan 05-29-2018, 03:49 AM
So, you want different sets of "overrides" inside the same file, and as input the tool recibes the set you want to apply.

#19  oren64 05-29-2018, 04:26 AM
It works (copy the file to my device yet), a few notes:

I don't think you need to add the .patch files to kobopatch folder, just add to the instruction to copy the files from the source folder from GeoffR patcher to src folder.

I like kobopatch.yaml conf file, but I think you can take it a step further and add replace line inside like something like this:

Code
 src/nickel.patch: Custom reading footer style: yes replace line: "replace_string = 00EB, `font-size:19px`, `font-size:16px`" to "replace_string = 00EB, `font-size:19px`, `font-size:14px`"
Quote Terisa de morgan
So, you want different sets of "overrides" inside the same file, and as input the tool recibes the set you want to apply.
You need to add which patches you whant to enable/disable in kobopatch.yaml conf file.
Mine is:
Spoiler Warning below

Code
## Works with kobopatch v0.6 or higher.
## You can update kobopatch by downloading the latest release from https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/releases.
version: 4.8.11073
in: src/kobo-update-4.8.11073.zip
out: KoboRoot.tgz
log: log.txt
## The patch format to use: kobopatch (.yaml) or patch32lsb(.patch)
patchFormat: patch32lsb
## This section lists the patch files and the corresponding binary in the tgz.
patches: src/nickel.patch: usr/local/Kobo/nickel src/libadobe.so.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0 src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0
## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
## src/nickel.patch:
## Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
## Whatever the patch is called: no
## src/libadobe.so.patch:
## You get the idea: yes
overrides: src/nickel.patch: Disable reading footer: no Custom reading footer style: yes Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes Custom synopsis/font size: yes Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%: yes Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 50%: no Dictionary pop-up frame size increase: no Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (upper left corner): no Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (lower left corner): yes Increase The Cover Size In Library: yes Increasing The View Details Container: yes New home screen increasing cover size: no Reading stats/Author name cut when the series is showing bug fix: yes Increase size of Kepub chapter progress chart: yes Custom font to Collection and Authors names: yes Increase headlines font: yes New home screen subtitle custem font: yes dictionary full: yes new home screen removing the footer (row3): no New home screen removing the footer (row3) and increasing cover size: yes show games on Beta Features: no src/libadobe.so.patch: Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch: My 10 line spacing values: no My 24 line spacing values: yes Custom left & right margins: yes Custom font sizes: yes Freedom to advanced fonts control: yes ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins: yes ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: no Custom kepub default margins: yes Block WiFi firmware upgrade: yes Custom footer (page number text): yes Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no Set KePub hyphenation: yes Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs: yes Force user line spacing in KePubs: yes Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): yes Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): yes ePub constant font sharpness: no KePub constant font sharpness: no Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no Always display chapter name on navigation menu: yes Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no Un-force link decoration in KePubs: yes KePub stylesheet additions: yes Change dicthtml strings to micthtml: yes Allow searches on Extra dictionaries: no Ignore .otf fonts: no Brightness fine control: no Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta: yes Clock display duration: yes Disable QuickTurn: yes Keyboard template (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura): no Keyboard template (AuraHD/H2O): no Keyboard template (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no Cyrillic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O): no Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no Arabic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O): no Hebrew keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura): yes Hebrew keyboard (AuraHD/H2O): no Hebrew keyboard (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no Greek Keyboard (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no New home screen footer rename: no Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification: yes Remove More by this author: yes Wikipedia language Search: yes New home screen footer rename test: no src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch: Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes Default ePub monospace font (Courier): no Default ePub serif font (Amasis): yes Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): yes Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): yes Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): yes Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): yes Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): yes Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: yes Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no

#20  Terisa de morgan 05-29-2018, 04:31 AM
Quote oren64
hes you whant to enable/disable in kobopatch.yaml conf file.
All of them? Or only those you want to change from the default file? I thought only the changes.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/39)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register