Mobileread
Latest Kobo Nightlys have messed up History & Open in last file
#1  Ken Maltby 05-07-2016, 02:07 PM
The latest Nightlys have messed up History & Open in last file functioning. I think it may relate to the change made recently to only store the current progress data in the SDR file. I hope that History can be adjusted to function using the SDR file. The same for the Open in last file.

Luck;
Ken

#2  JSWolf 05-07-2016, 03:35 PM
So what dated version is the last version not to screw History and Open in last file?

#3  Ken Maltby 05-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Quote JSWolf
So what dated version is the last version not to screw History and Open in last file?
I'm not sure, something before koreader-kobo-v2015.11-379. As I understand it, the Kindle uses the SDR files natively, so I don't know if that version was/is effected. Pocketbook might be at issue though.

Luck;
Ken

#4  Ken Maltby 05-08-2016, 11:07 AM
It would be prudent to set KSM's "deleteSDRsOnboard=true" to false, if you have it set.

Luck;
Ken

#5  Ken Maltby 05-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Now, if I use the "Home" icon in the reader menu and exit KOReader back to the KSM menu, then select "Start koreader", I get the Info message box with it opening the file and it returns to the page I was on. ( That used to be what also happened if you were to use the KSM PowerOff function or rebooted.) If you use the Home icon and then the KSM PowerOff function, when you restart the device and KSM Auto selects KOReader it opens in the File Manager, (no message box, no book).

[Oddly, if I then exit the File Manager back to KSM and select "Start koreader" it then opens properly.
This may provide a work around that gets me back to where I was in the book.]

Luck;
Ken

#6  Ken Maltby 05-10-2016, 12:13 AM
OK, I deleted the KSM auto selection of koreader, and now manually start koreader. Everything seems to be working that way. None of this is making much sense, to me.

Luck;
Ken

#7  Alan_S 05-10-2016, 03:40 AM
After how many seconds KSM automatically loads koreader? Maybe you could try with more seconds?

And ask tshering what he thinks is difference.

#8  djalma 05-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Quote Ken Maltby
OK, I deleted the KSM auto selection of koreader, and now manually start koreader. Everything seems to be working that way. None of this is making much sense, to me.

Luck;
Ken
I tried with 2015-11-392 with KSM auto selection of koreader (after 20 sec), and it is working flawlessly.
I have not setted anything in the koreader section like "deleteSDRsOnboard"... (Really it's empty).
Regards.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register