Mobileread
Big Font Small Font Big Font Small Font
#1  SharonG0211 07-25-2020, 01:45 PM
Hi! I am constantly changing the font size in my ebook reader depending on whether or not I'm wearing my glasses. Typically at night, I read without my glasses and so need a bigger font size. Then during the day, I typically am wearing my glasses, so I prefer a smaller font.

I'm currently using MapleRead as my ebook reader.

I was excited when I first saw the custom theme feature, but font size is not one of the options I can save with a theme as far as I can tell.

Is there any way to make switching between sizes easier in MapleRead?

Or is there another ebook reader that makes this process easier?

Many thanks!
Sharon

#2  John F 07-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Quote SharonG0211
Hi! I am constantly changing the font size in my ebook reader depending on whether or not I'm wearing my glasses. Typically at night, I read without my glasses and so need a bigger font size. Then during the day, I typically am wearing my glasses, so I prefer a smaller font.

I'm currently using MapleRead as my ebook reader.

I was excited when I first saw the custom theme feature, but font size is not one of the options I can save with a theme as far as I can tell.

Is there any way to make switching between sizes easier in MapleRead?

Or is there another ebook reader that makes this process easier?

Many thanks!
Sharon
This is probably a stretch, but maybe ask/request in this Kobo thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329525

#3  JSWolf 07-25-2020, 02:36 PM
Kindle's have profiles that include the font size. This is not a feature of the Kindle app for iOS but is a feature of an actual Kindle Reader.

#4  OtinG 07-26-2020, 11:02 AM
Changing the font size in the Kindle app in iOS and iPadOS takes only a few seconds. Surely MapleRead has a similar function. This isn't a profile change, just a font size change.

#5  JSWolf 07-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Quote OtinG
Changing the font size in the Kindle app in iOS and iPadOS takes only a few seconds. Surely MapleRead has a similar function. This isn't a profile change, just a font size change.
Thing is, depending on the app, it may not be all that easy to get back to the previous font size.

#6  SharonG0211 08-01-2020, 12:28 PM
Hey! I'm sorry for the delay getting back on this. Given my nearsightedness and although it's easy to change the font size in MapleRead, I have to press the larger and smaller buttons 20 times each to get to the right size. But I can see now (with my glasses on), that I can pinch & spread to change the font size more easily. Now I just need to get rid of the "Change to new font size?" popup.

Many thanks!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register