Mobileread
George R.R. Martin Gives Quick Update on Winds of Winter Progress
#1  ZodWallop 06-25-2020, 04:22 PM
From tor.com

While he’s been isolated in a literal cabin in the woods, Martin notes that he’s been “spending long hours everyday on The Winds of Winter, and making steady progress.”

I finished a new chapter yesterday, another one three days ago, another one the previous week. But no, this does not mean that the book will be finished tomorrow or published next week. It’s going to be a huge book, and I still have a long way to go.
Isolation has allowed him to build up a bit of momentum behind the book, and he says that while he’s sad that CoNZealand won’t be an in-person trip this year, the fact that he won’t have to pause his work for an international trip means that he’ll keep chugging along.

#2  Dr. Drib 06-25-2020, 04:59 PM
I hear he's written a whopping 1200 pages. I was able to obtain an exact page from his novel-in-progress, which I will now share with everyone. (I cannot, in all honesty, verify the accuracy of this excerpted page. Please keep that in mind as you read and discover once again...the magic!)

[docx] Martin's new novel.docx (72.3 KB, 286 views)

#3  MGlitch 06-25-2020, 05:04 PM
Hopefully 2021 then maybe possibly

#4  Sirtel 06-25-2020, 05:46 PM
Eh... he's about 10 years too late. At this point I'm not even sure I'm going to buy the book at all, let alone read it.

#5  JSWolf 06-25-2020, 05:52 PM
The only way I'd read the series if it was finished.

#6  DiapDealer 06-25-2020, 06:21 PM
The Ides of Never

#7  ZodWallop 06-25-2020, 09:39 PM
Quote Dr. Drib
I hear he's written a whopping 1200 pages. I was able to obtain an exact page from his novel-in-progress, which I will now share with everyone. (I cannot, in all honesty, verify the accuracy of this excerpted page. Please keep that in mind as you read and discover once again...the magic!)

I was expecting something like:
image »

#8  ZodWallop 06-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Quote Sirtel
Eh... he's about 10 years too late. At this point I'm not even sure I'm going to buy the book at all, let alone read it.
I've not read any of the books or watched the show. But I think A Song of Ice and Fire is an important work and I do hope he finishes it.

I do respect his decision not to have anyone continue it when he croaks.

#9  MGlitch 06-25-2020, 09:46 PM
Leaked preview

Chapter: Hodor

"Hodor, Hodor Hodor Hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor! Hodor hodor hodor hodor..."

#10  drofgnal 06-26-2020, 05:51 AM
I read books 1-3 and loved them, a great read. Book 4 I had to really slog through and it just wasn't very good. Book 5, I didn't even finish. That was so long ago, and I'm sure I just won't pick it back up when 6 comes out. Why bother, he probably will never finish the final book. I hope he does, but he's not a pillar of health.

Next »  Last »  (1/12)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register