Mobileread
Amazon Account Deleted No Access to Kindle
#1  Quad1966 03-18-2020, 04:06 AM
Hello my first post here, I hope I am in the right forum?

My issue is that my amazon on the account has been deleted, I have the downloaded data of my Kindle books, but I cannot open these now as they have a DRM, is there any way of opening these within the calibre, I have tried to use the guides, using the do the plug-ins etc but I just keep getting the DRM error, is this impossible, as I can not get access to the Amazon account, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

#2  pdurrant 03-18-2020, 04:43 AM
Quote Quad1966
Hello my first post here, I hope I am in the right forum?

My issue is that my amazon on the account has been deleted, I have the downloaded data of my Kindle books, but I cannot open these now as they have a DRM, is there any way of opening these within the calibre, I have tried to use the guides, using the do the plug-ins etc but I just keep getting the DRM error, is this impossible, as I can not get access to the Amazon account, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Detailed DRM removal help isn't allowed at MobileRead. I suggest asking at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's github repository.

Why was you account deleted? Was it your choice, or did Amazon close it down?

If Amazon chose to close it, they have in the past promised that access to purchased ebooks would be maintained. So I suggest contacting customer service to try to reinstate acces to your ebooks, even if there'll be no other features of your account.

#3  Quad1966 03-18-2020, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the reply, no I chose to close the account, without realising that I would no longer be able to access titles, I thought if I downloaded them first I would be able to open them after the fact. So this is impossible now?

#4  JSWolf 03-18-2020, 06:37 AM
Quote Quad1966
Thanks for the reply, no I chose to close the account, without realising that I would no longer be able to access titles, I thought if I downloaded them first I would be able to open them after the fact. So this is impossible now?
Why would you do something that bad? You should just have removed all your payment details and left the account alone. Now there is nothing you can do. Now it's not possible to remove the DRM unless you have the key. Given that you don't have the key, you've screwed yourself over but good.

#5  Quad1966 03-18-2020, 06:44 AM
Yes in hindsight...I'm f'#k#d...

So impossible even with Apprentice Alf tools?

#6  John F 03-18-2020, 06:53 AM
Quote Quad1966
Take pdurrants advice, also there may be info on this site if you do a lot of digging.

I'm guessing you'll need to reactivate your Amazon account (hoping that you can) and redownload the ebooks if you want to strip the DRM.

#7  Quad1966 03-18-2020, 06:57 AM
Ok, thanks, no I can not reopen the account, they say all content has being deleted.
Thanks anyways.

#8  meeera 03-18-2020, 07:21 AM
Quote Quad1966
Ok, thanks, no I can not reopen the account, they say all content has being deleted.
Thanks anyways.
Someone told you that in person, or it says that on the site somewhere?

Contact them in person. They don't immediately delete everything in unrecoverable fashion.

#9  Quad1966 03-18-2020, 07:40 AM
Yes, I was onto the help chat, attempting to work around with the DRM tools in Calibre.
If I had of known....I thought if I downloaded the titles as I bought I could open them, so wrong!

#10  pdurrant 03-18-2020, 08:15 AM
Quote Quad1966
Yes, I was onto the help chat, attempting to work around with the DRM tools in Calibre.
If I had of known....I thought if I downloaded the titles as I bought I could open them, so wrong!
Can you still read them in the Kindle Cloud reader? And are you using Chrome?

If so, you might get somewhere with this tool, but we can't help with it: https://github.com/d10r/kindle-fetch

Otherwise I'd certainly suggest contacting Amazon and asking for the account to be restored. But it might not be possible. Presumably you clicked past a warning about all purchased content becoming inaccessible?

Next »  Last »  (1/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register