Mobileread
Least popular on Goodreads
#1  issybird 03-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Among your stats for a particular year that Goodreads shows are Most Popular and Least Popular; that is, most read and least read ever by Goodreads members. I’m always a bit shamed by Most Popular. Are my tastes really that of the crowd? However, I’m fascinated by Least Popular. Just how far outside the norm are my tastes?

I started off this year well; early in January I clocked a book that had been read by only 228 other members, so that created a low bar from the beginning. Then, a month later, I was able to get that down to 16 other readers and I was pretty chuffed. I thought I’d set my record for the year. But later in the month, Bingo! I recorded a book that had had no other readers at all. I didn’t add it myself; that would be cheating. However, without noticing other readers I’d picked out the listing that reflected the translation I’d used and it wasn’t until I visited my stats page that I saw that according to Goodreads, “0 people also read” that particular book. Game over!

So, how low can you go? For those who don’t have the link handy, here’s the generic link to your stats for 2020 at Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2020/

#2  Fbone 03-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Using last year stats, the lowest was Fire, Burn! by John Dickson Carr at 239. Considering it was published in 1957 that is very few reads.

#3  Sirtel 03-03-2020, 01:21 PM
I can't even remember if I have ever registered with Goodreads. Never used it, except for determining the right series order occasionally for some books. Reading is not a social activity for me. I'm not interested in what other people read, and I don't want to discuss the books I read with others. Possibly the roots of that aversion reach back to literature lessons in school, which I hated with a passion. More likely I'm just weird that way.

#4  DiapDealer 03-03-2020, 01:24 PM
263 from late last year was the least popular book I read.

Also: I can't remember the last time I socially interacted with anyone on Goodreads.

#5  Uncle Robin 03-03-2020, 01:55 PM
I quit Goodreads at the end of last year, but my record low was 3, so kudos for scoring the perfect result.

#6  Deskisamess 03-03-2020, 02:08 PM
I find Goodreads to be a very confusing site, and rarely go there. I think it's a visual thing, visual clutter is tough for me to sort through.

#7  murraypaul 03-03-2020, 02:21 PM
I use it as my first place to look for series reading orders, but don't visit it otherwise.

#8  Paperbackstash 03-03-2020, 03:27 PM
If the topic were 'how do you feel about Goodreads or do you use Goodreads,' I'd have a different answer like others have...

As for the thread topic, my least was likely because it's a book from an author that is independent and doesn't have a great deal of readers yet.

LEAST POPULAR
House of Chaos: Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (The Devil Rose Up From Georgia Book 2)

What a name, eh?

#9  Apache 03-03-2020, 03:34 PM
I don't use Goodreads. For series order I prefer Fantastic Fiction.
Apache

#10  DiapDealer 03-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Just for kicks, I looked back through previous years to find my least popular read book ever. Had to go back to 2015. It seems 3 people other than me read it. It was an odd book called Bone Radio by Anthony Huso.

Next »  Last »  (1/7)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register