Mobileread
Likebook Alita
#261  Zeat 06-18-2020, 09:39 PM
ottischwenk, plesse tell me more about "Boox only boils with water - there are bugs too." What did you mean? I bought note2 because I could not bear the bugs of alita. (In the second last version, always quit during viewing pdf. In this version, note disappeared) However, I have used note2 a month. I also found a number of bug in note2, but it is not serious. (e.g. First of all, my firmware is not the latest. It seems the gboard response slowly. It might trouble you when you use gboard, but you can use the builtin inputting software, I didn't find problem if you input english words.) Apart from appearance of the interface , I haven't found that alita is stronger than note2 in other aspect. Please let me know and then I can check it. In the aspect of external memoery card, absolutely, note2 does not have, but it can connect USB thrumbdrive. If someone think that the hidden sd card slot is important, he /she should consider alita. Just for experience sharing, I saw an article about the boox (I forgot where I found the article, may be the manaul inside the machine), it mentioned that the organizer of boox is the hobbyist of eink reader. I think it might be the truth, because I found many functions of note2 are very considerate, they are not necessary, but they are really consiiderate and helpful. E.g If your wife sleep first and then you want to read note2 on the bed, you might foget to switch on the backlight of note2 before you takes it into bedroom. Don't worry abot you cannot find the backlight button in the interface in the dark. Pressing the unique physical button can switch on the backlight.
So far, note2 satisified me, but I do not intend to update the firmware at this moment, because I need to prepare my test with the machine. I'm afraid bug occurs or modification of any useful function affect my preparation. I will let you all know the performance after I update the firmware. Sorry for off topic here.

#262  ottischwenk 06-19-2020, 01:04 AM
Quote Zeat
ottischwenk, plesse tell me more about "Boox only boils with water - there are bugs too."
I need a lot of storage capacity that Boox does not offer, but the Likebook Alita (512 GB) - and I have not yet found a bug in my area of ​​use. However, I only need notes in pdf and Bluetooth remote control.

I do not have the Note2, but the Nova2 - it cannot be used in the sun, because the screen goes dark.
It is being replaced, but the replacement device has not yet arrived - so I do not know whether this error has been corrected.
The storage capacity is ridiculous, so I hoped for USB OTG.
Boox USB-OTG storage is just as ridiculous: only FAT32 is possible - no file can be larger than 4GB (Kiwix Wikipedia has 60 GB - no problem on the Likebooks, impossible on Boox).
So my Boox purchase was a complete bad buy - what Boox can do more (scribbling in other ebook formats) I hardly need it and otherwise it is also far inferior to my Likebook Ares (512 GB) for my needs.
And Likebook USB-OTG also works with 4 TB NTFS hard disks.

#263  Merithyn 06-21-2020, 05:59 AM
Any news about the Android version update? The last time I checked they said MAYBE in July? Is it already maybe in August or September now already? xD

#264  ottischwenk 06-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Quote Merithyn
Any news about the Android version update? The last time I checked they said MAYBE in July? Is it already maybe in August or September now already? xD
The last message I got was that it will not be an OTA update.
Since I am not missing anything in this Android version, I am pretty sure that I will not do it.
Making an update just because it's a new version, I think that's pretty silly.

#265  Merithyn 06-21-2020, 08:47 AM
Quote ottischwenk
The last message I got was that it will not be an OTA update.
Since I am not missing anything in this Android version, I am pretty sure that I will not do it.
Making an update just because it's a new version, I think that's pretty silly.
I'm just worried newer apps will stop supporting android 6 since it's pretty old. Apps tend to start targeting newer Android versions and support for older releases gradually ceases. I use Google apps a lot. Google Photo etc... and a bunch of third party reading apps since Boyue ones suck and I like to keep them updated with latest features.

#266  ottischwenk 06-21-2020, 09:07 AM
Quote Merithyn
I'm just worried newer apps will stop supporting android 6 since it's pretty old. Apps tend to start targeting newer Android versions and support for older releases gradually ceases. I use Google apps a lot. Google Photo etc... and a bunch of third party reading apps since Boyue ones suck and I like to keep them updated with latest features.
Gapps work with Android 4.
And I don't know of any reading app that needs more than Android 5 (Calibre Companion).
And 5.4.3.3 still works great.

#267  hcdoro 07-28-2020, 06:58 AM
Hi All,

Anyone can help me, I use the planner with my ebook alita for a while nearly one year. But it can open recently as so the photo. I contacted with the boyue likebook (likebook@boyue.com) for help unfortunately there were no respond untill now (28 Jul 2020).

https://liveswinburneeduau-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/r/personal/102670528_student_swin_edu_au/Documents/Sharing%20error/Boyue%20error%20open.jpg?csf=1&web=1&e=SLFqsk

I used this device for my study and note most of my plan, but I can't review it now. Anyone please help.

Regards,
Doro

#268  dennisdd 08-04-2020, 07:01 AM
Quote Zeat
ottischwenk, plesse tell me more about "Boox only boils with water - there are bugs too." What did you mean? I bought note2 because I could not bear the bugs of alita. (In the second last version, always quit during viewing pdf. In this version, note disappeared) However, I have used note2 a month. I also found a number of bug in note2, but it is not serious. (e.g. First of all, my firmware is not the latest. It seems the gboard response slowly. It might trouble you when you use gboard, but you can use the builtin inputting software, I didn't find problem if you input english words.) Apart from appearance of the interface , I haven't found that alita is stronger than note2 in other aspect. Please let me know and then I can check it. In the aspect of external memoery card, absolutely, note2 does not have, but it can connect USB thrumbdrive. If someone think that the hidden sd card slot is important, he /she should consider alita. Just for experience sharing, I saw an article about the boox (I forgot where I found the article, may be the manaul inside the machine), it mentioned that the organizer of boox is the hobbyist of eink reader. I think it might be the truth, because I found many functions of note2 are very considerate, they are not necessary, but they are really consiiderate and helpful. E.g If your wife sleep first and then you want to read note2 on the bed, you might foget to switch on the backlight of note2 before you takes it into bedroom. Don't worry abot you cannot find the backlight button in the interface in the dark. Pressing the unique physical button can switch on the backlight.
So far, note2 satisified me, but I do not intend to update the firmware at this moment, because I need to prepare my test with the machine. I'm afraid bug occurs or modification of any useful function affect my preparation. I will let you all know the performance after I update the firmware. Sorry for off topic here.
I am currently using a Note Pro - even if I liked the writing on Alita better and also the outcome on the PDF, because Boyue has a better way of rendering and smoothing PDFs.
However, I can tell you that the Dropbox sync that is crucial for my daily work with the device, has been destroyed several times by updates of Onyx, so they are also having a lot of issues with not enough tested updates, I can tell you. It is really unfortunate, because stability and cloud sync are most important if you want to use the device for work and your workflow.

Is handwritten notes on PDFs now fixed and can be synced directly to Dropbox on Alita?

#269  mitra1 08-04-2020, 11:03 AM
not automaticly
with a file manager like xiaomi file manager i can share the pdf with handwritten notes with dropbox,bluetooth, google drive and another normal share condivisions mode of a smartphone

#270  bazz2004 08-04-2020, 12:13 PM
If you badly need those notes for an exam hcdoro I'd work like hell to rebuild your revision pack from scratch and this time maintain it in a safe place in a stable format. Certainly not on an e-reader. Don't leave it at that either - back everything up.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (27/28)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register