Mobileread
Likebook Alita
#11  likebookstore 06-21-2019, 02:07 AM
Quote Spectralis
Hardware specs look good but as a Mimas owner I would not waste my money buying another Boyue product. The software is diabolical. There is no comparison to Onyx products which I will be supporting in future. To put my comment in context, Boyue has just released an update that has removed certain save functions in the PDF Reader which makes it even less functional! What annoys me is that the Mimas hardware is on par with Onyx products so why can't they fix their Mimas software before releasing another product? There is no official Boyue support forum either which is not a professional approach imo. If my Mimas experience is anything to go by then I don't hold out much hope of Android 8 for the Alita.
will feedback to boyue team, you can also send email to likebook@boyue.com

#12  likebookstore 06-21-2019, 02:10 AM
Quote Waiting4somethin
As an owner of the Likebook Mimas I am interested in your future products. But like others, I am awaiting information on updates addressing the errors in the Mimas software. Besides those points mentioned here about exporting, I also cannot write in certain typesettings or when zoomed, at which point it says is unavailable temporarily. Except for this problem I would be so pleased with the device. Can you give an estimate of when such issues will be fixed?
will feedback to boyue team, if you meet any problem, you can send email to likebook@boyue.com

#13  likebookstore 06-21-2019, 03:00 AM
about the anotation issue:

1. when you make underline and choost anotation
2. this will jump a page and you can write your notes
3. after that, back to reading page
4. click the bottom part will jump the menu bar
5.click the left bottom icon and choose "cross-line@annotation
6.select the anotation
7. choose export
8 then you can export to local, evernote, QR code sharing etc...in future will support export to email.
hope that can help

#14  Spectralis 06-21-2019, 05:30 PM
Quote likebookstore
about the anotation issue:

1. when you make underline and choost anotation
2. this will jump a page and you can write your notes
3. after that, back to reading page
4. click the bottom part will jump the menu bar
5.click the left bottom icon and choose "cross-line@annotation
6.select the anotation
7. choose export
8 then you can export to local, evernote, QR code sharing etc...in future will support export to email.
hope that can help
You do not understand our complaint. I am referring to handwritten annotations. I, and other Mimas owners, are complaining that when we write on a PDF there is no way to save it. We want the option to save:

1. a single handwritten page in a document to PDF,
2. all handwritten pages in a document to PDF,
3. or the whole document to a PDF.

We want to be able to copy our handwritten PDF's to another computer. We want a "save as" option so we can create a new file that we can save to a location on the Mimas of our choice. None of this is possible since the latest update.

I do not want to upload my PDF's to a 3rd party app like Evernote. The current "export to local" that you describe saves the file to html not PDF. That is useless to me.

Please examine the PDF Reader in Onyx Boox products for guidance on how to create a useful PDF annotator.

#15  heyman 06-22-2019, 04:32 AM
@Spectralis please don't hackjack this thread, your complaint not belong here, this is a public thread, not private consultant channel

#16  heyman 06-22-2019, 04:33 AM
will the mimas and mars get Andrioid 8 too? @likebookstore

#17  likebookstore 06-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Quote Spectralis
You do not understand our complaint. I am referring to handwritten annotations. I, and other Mimas owners, are complaining that when we write on a PDF there is no way to save it. We want the option to save:

1. a single handwritten page in a document to PDF,
2. all handwritten pages in a document to PDF,
3. or the whole document to a PDF.

We want to be able to copy our handwritten PDF's to another computer. We want a "save as" option so we can create a new file that we can save to a location on the Mimas of our choice. None of this is possible since the latest update.

I do not want to upload my PDF's to a 3rd party app like Evernote. The current "export to local" that you describe saves the file to html not PDF. That is useless to me.

Please examine the PDF Reader in Onyx Boox products for guidance on how to create a useful PDF annotator.
will feedback your requirment to boyue team, i think they change the save format from PDF to HTML may for some special purpose

#18  likebookstore 06-23-2019, 09:05 PM
Quote heyman
normally speaking, yes, but i heard not easy is because the system update need use the tool to flash, can not update by OTA. this is boyue told me before. now they are working for it because i saw the demo in mars

but waiting for boyue final information in Sep or Oct.

#19  Michal Jancik 06-25-2019, 06:02 AM
Quote heyman
is it better than mimas
- When the original BUGs from the MIMAS model are not removed yet, they will release a brand new NOTE ALita?

- After my three-day experience with Mimas, which I returned due to operating system problems, I see no reason to invest that much money in another model.

- Overall, I don't know. Likebook does not have an official site (for the EU) where I can upload Firmware, nowhere to contact the service and so on.
*I do not want to search again for available Update somewhere on the Internet or "Baidu!".

- Another competing manufacturer like Onyx is also in Cine and has no problem providing users (IMHO High Quality and Reactive) Support.

What do I say about ALITA?

-To say that ALITA is a successor or improved version of MIMAS does not make any sense.
- Hm, nice and good HW from the picture, but against the "MIMAS" model without buttons.
if I wanted a eNOTE with 1x HOME Button, I'd buy some competing manufacturer.

- But Android 8 is really interesting. Which will have a guaranteed impact on better OS response / reactivity.
* Mimas mainly interested me because of the "mechanical buttons" and for interesing price. Personally, I prefer "buttons" that are more useful than 2 GB of memory. I'd rather sacrifice 2Gb RAM as a "mechanical buttons" :-).

#20  Spectralis 06-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Quote heyman
While I'm also interested in an answer to your question, you've done exactly what you asked me not to do! It seems that the only way to get an answer to a question or provide feedback relating to any Boyue product is to grab the attention of the Boyue reps on the few occasions they appear on this forum. If there was an official Boyue support forum this wouldn't be necessary.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/28)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register