Mobileread
I need a recommendation for a smartphone
#11  DaleDe 11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Quote HarryT
Windows Mobile 6 is very good indeed - a great improvement over the previous versions. It provides excellent integration between all the different "PDA" applications and the phone itself, and has very good "Sync" capabilities with Outlook too. There are lots of free and low-cost WM apps you can install.
However, unlike previous versions of Windows Mobile it will not run MS Reader.

Dale

#12  javierdl 11-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Ok, after some more reading around, it seems my new smartphone has to run WinMob6. Reason why the BB Pearl 8130 I had my eyes on, is no longer.
I have also scratched out the Palm Treo 700wx, as I find it to be lacking when comparing feature by feature vs similar phones.
So far I have norrowed it down to the following:

1. The HTC 5800 image »
2. And the Motorola Q image »

I think I like the HTC 5800 best so far.
Xmas is approaching fast, and I won't be able to get my new phone until the 3rd week of Dec, but the good thing about this is that it could be that another smartphone will be added to the repertoire of Bell.ca

mocelet, about the Nokia phones... I was only able to confirm that Bell.ca indeed does not sell Nokia. I haven't been able to find why. But if I do I'll get back to you.

JDL

#13  da_jane 11-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I owned the motorola q and to watch video on it would be almost impossible, imo.

#14  HarryT 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Quote DaleDe
However, unlike previous versions of Windows Mobile it will not run MS Reader.

Dale
I've found a few different sources which say that the latest version of Reader, 2.4.1, runs on WM6, Dale, although on some devices there do seem to be issues with activation.

#15  HarryT 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
You are responding to an 18 month old thread. Not much point in doing that .

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register