Mobileread
How many free ebooks did you download for Read an Ebook Week?
#11  Sydney's Mom 03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote FlorenceArt
None. I'm getting a bit tired of free downloads and would like to go back to choosing my own reads Besides, I am in a re-reading period and haven't bought anything new lately, and what I bought before that I haven't read yet.
I'm with FlorenceArt - once my TBR list reached ridiculous proportions, I too have decided no more free downloads. I might download an occassional freebe from Amazon, but I haven't read Under the Dome, for heaven's sake!

#12  PDS 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
8 so far, but there could be more to add to my never ending list of reading material!

Dawn

#13  Patricia 03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
None so far, but I've uploaded some titles to the MR library.

#14  brecklundin 03-09-2010, 12:13 AM
did not know so nope did not d/l....BUT knowing likely would not have altered the fact I did not d/l anything. I already have a solid 3-4yr backlog of titles to read between buying during the big Fictionwise sale, buying oodles from Baen/Webscriptions just because, Baen's free catalog, free d/l's from Amazon for titles which look interesting as well as other sources at last count I had just under 500 titles to read. Now some are simple and very casual interest which I will never read, but most are titles I fully want to read.

#15  Elfwreck 03-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Only a handful. Nothing from sites that require registration to download freebies, unless I've already got an account with them. I may hit Smashwords for some of those, but I've found I won't get around to reading them unless they *really* seem appealing, or someone who knows me recommends a title to me.

I'm getting a lot more selective about my ebook reading.

#16  GA Russell 03-09-2010, 01:02 AM
I've downloaded eight so far from MR, but that includes three omnibuses.

I'll get back to you at the end of the week!

#17  frank.w 03-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Not so much 'downloaded' as collecting. My Kindle came with 2 DVD's full of free stuff - 15,000 titles on one, 17,100 on the second. All public domain stuff. I'm in the process now of uploading most of them (probably leave out the Erotic Fiction - sorry) to my "SkyDrive" site and I'll post the URL when it's ready. -- Truely, more than you can shake a stick at.
- Frank

#18  Marcy 03-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Well I haven't actually downloaded anything, but I went through Smashwords and "bought" almost all the books that were being offered for free, except for a few that I knew I'd never be interested in.

I figure I can just leave them in my Smashwords library and go through them at my leisure. it doesn't hurt to have them available there.

-Marcy

#19  Tattncat 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Just a guess 11-25 (didn't keep count)

#20  JSWolf 03-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I do think the eBook Week website can do a better job of listing the free eBooks. Some of the links just take us to the site (such as BooksOnBoard) and leaves us to flounder around trying to find them.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register