Mobileread
The Ultimate Kobo Tips & Tricks Thread
#11  Gadget Guy 05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Is it possible to make this a sticky? I am sure other 1st time owners such as myself would appreciate it if it was easy to find.

Just a thought,

GG

#12  corona 05-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm using 7zip as and archive manager. When it comes to deleting that pesky .css file, 7zip just opens the *.epub file as an archive and then you just close it. No renaming or anything needed. 7zip is open-source:

http://www.7-zip.org/

#13  dantaipan 05-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Same with winrar.

Quote corona
I'm using 7zip as and archive manager. When it comes to deleting that pesky .css file, 7zip just opens the *.epub file as an archive and then you just close it. No renaming or anything needed. 7zip is open-source:

http://www.7-zip.org/

#14  DaleDe 05-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote dantaipan
Same with winrar.
well winrar is not open source, but it can be used for epub files.

Dale

#15  canreader 05-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote Duiker
What about removing books from the 'I'm reading" section on the Kobo without deleting them?
I tried skipping to the end of the book and "finishing" it, and the book went back into my library and out of the I'm Reading section.

#16  Duiker 05-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote canreader
I tried skipping to the end of the book and "finishing" it, and the book went back into my library and out of the I'm Reading section.
Yep, that works. It's slow and painful but it works.
Anyone know of a shortcut to 'skip to the end' rather then going to the last chapter and then page by page?

#17  aar3on 05-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote canreader

Warning, don't open The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. One chapter, 74 pages, ouch

#18  terifili 05-07-2010, 10:36 PM
You don't have to remove the css file for the font, if you are converting to epub with calibre, just check the box that says "disable font rescaling"... works...

#19  DoreyR 05-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote terifili
You don't have to remove the css file for the font, if you are converting to epub with calibre, just check the box that says "disable font rescaling"... works...
Yes! This works wonderfully well. Thank you so much for posting this tip!

#20  Stinger 05-08-2010, 12:43 PM
+1 to the "disable font scaling" feature of Calibre fixing Kobo's font scaling issue.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/39)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register