Mobileread
New Leaf Vote for July • Life's a Beach: Water, Water, Everywhere
#1  CRussel 06-07-2020, 11:33 AM
image »

It's time to select the book that the New Leaf Book Club will read in July, 2020. The theme is Life's a Beach: Water, Water, Everywhere

We love new participants. We're happy for you to vote, but in the interest of a vibrant conversation, we'd like to request that you please not vote unless you plan to join the discussion whatever the selection. So if you haven't posted in a book club thread yet, do please say a quick hello here or in the Welcome thread.

This is a image » poll. Vote for as many books as you'd like. Questions? FAQs | Guidelines Or just ask!

Choices:

#2  CRussel 06-07-2020, 02:28 PM
Well, that's probably the most diverse vote I've done recently!

#3  Victoria 06-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Quote CRussel
Well, that's probably the most diverse vote I've done recently!
Agreed! It spans 150 years and most genres.

#4  JSWolf 06-08-2020, 05:06 PM
I'm still deciding what to vote for.

#5  CRussel 06-10-2020, 10:48 AM
I'm seeing a drive by vote from someone who has never participated, and hasn't introduced themselves. That vote will not be counted. So right now, we're looking at a runoff, though there is still some time.

Charlie.

#6  issybird 06-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Quote CRussel
I'm seeing a drive by vote from someone who has never participated, and hasn't introduced themselves. That vote will not be counted. So right now, we're looking at a runoff, though there is still some time.

Charlie.
I’ve adjusted the vote totals.

#7  CRussel 06-10-2020, 12:37 PM
Thank you, issybird. In the end it didn't matter, and it looks like we'll be discussing The Lightening Thief next month. Should be fun, though I admit, I thought the McCullough would do better than it did.

#8  gmw 06-10-2020, 12:55 PM
As may be apparent from my nominations over the last few months, I've been mostly looking for lighter reads lately, hence McCullough didn't get a vote from me. It's not that I'm not interested, just that I'd rather not right now.

BTW I have led you astray on the spelling of Riordan (I got it wrong in the original post which I have now corrected). Apologies for that.

#9  CRussel 06-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Well, the McCullough and the Evelyn M. Richardson books are both going on my short term TBR. My DW informs me that The Johnstown Flood is a powerful book that she much enjoyed, and at the other end of the spectrum, I expect a book about Nova Scotia lighthouse keepers to be both interesting and informative. Which isn't to say that I won't enjoy the Riordan, because I expect I likely will. IAC, it's the one that I should be able to get from the library first, given that they have many copies and what looks like about a week wait.

#10  JSWolf 06-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Quote CRussel
Well, the McCullough and the Evelyn M. Richardson books are both going on my short term TBR. My DW informs me that The Johnstown Flood is a powerful book that she much enjoyed, and at the other end of the spectrum, I expect a book about Nova Scotia lighthouse keepers to be both interesting and informative. Which isn't to say that I won't enjoy the Riordan, because I expect I likely will. IAC, it's the one that I should be able to get from the library first, given that they have many copies and what looks like about a week wait.
I was thinking that The Light Between Oceans would have won. It's an excellent 5-star (GR rating) book. While the movie was good, the book was even better.

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register