Mobileread
Hacks Default Kindle Screensavers?
#11  cush 08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes- a number of these are not on my Kindle and Yes, I have the illuminated capital B.

Igor said in an email to me that these files are i n the system partition which is not exported over the USB. That's why they are not visible in the displayed Kindle files. He apparently has another way to gain access to these files. Probably why he has performed the Kindle disassembly that he has documented. Clever rascal!

#12  Labrat 11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Quote cush
Yes- a number of these are not on my Kindle and Yes, I have the illuminated capital B.

Igor said in an email to me that these files are i n the system partition which is not exported over the USB. That's why they are not visible in the displayed Kindle files. He apparently has another way to gain access to these files. Probably why he has performed the Kindle disassembly that he has documented. Clever rascal!

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped. However there are 33 screen savers but my favorite, the big illuminated "B" is not there. Do you think maybe they got rid of it?

I want to use some of the native ones but I really like the "B".

#13  hunter64 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
I can't get to any folder names Screensaver, I can see the system folder and there are folders within it; however no screensaver folder!

I did see in this thread "Igor said in an email to me that these files are in the system partition which is not exported over the USB. That's why they are not visible in the displayed Kindle files".

How do I do remove and add at this point?

Thanks,
Hunter64

#14  cush 12-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Try this site for good instructions. http://kindlerama.com/how-to/how-to-add-new-screensaver-images-to-your-kindle/
Also some free screensavers and instruction on how to get your originals back. They are not truly deleted when you add your own set, only hidden.

I have the illuminated "G" on my Kindle but I guess it didn't get included in the set of files Igor sent to me. I'll try to get my Kindle to show the "G" and then scan it and hope the quality is good enough to make a screensaver out of it. Will advise and post if I'm successful.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register