Mobileread
Historical Fiction Maurier, George du: Trilby. v1 11 Aug 2019.
#1  AlexBell 08-11-2019, 12:16 AM
Trilby was the second of du Maurier's three books. It was published as a serial in Harper's Magazine in 1894, and in 1895 as a book which sold over 200,000 copies in the U.S.A alone.

The book tells of three British artists in Paris in the early 1800s. Trilby, a beautiful tone-deaf Irish girl, models for them and later for the evil hypnotist Svengali. He makes her a famous singer, but things go down hill from there.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
[epub] Trilby.epub (583.1 KB, 35 views)

#2  patrik 08-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Thanks.

Are the illustrations still under copyright?

#3  AlexBell 08-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Quote patrik
Thanks.

Are the illustrations still under copyright?
Not as far as I know. I left them out because I thought it too difficult to display them on a small reader screen, especcially as I have no control whatever on what reader and font size the person reading the ebook would choose.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register