Mobileread
Iliad Prorder in germany
#11  CommanderROR 04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm afraid you'll have to pay VAT too...import VAT as far as I know...I ordered something from US a while back and had to pay 16Percent import VAT (same as our local VAT). So 650$ will probably not be enough...

VAT is something you as individual pay for any product you buy by the way...but don#t aks me more...I'm no expert.

#12  Liviu_5 04-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi,

As far as I know if you live here in the USA and order from Europe you do not pay VAT. I routinely order books and ocasionally DVD's from England and France (Amazon.uk/fr which charges VAT on local buyers) and they do not charge me VAT. I do not know if the same rule applies on electronics (and note that many sites do not allow sales of electronic equipment outside their region) but I expect that you should not have to pay VAT.

Liviu

#13  drachasor 04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info, Liviu_5.

Quote CommanderROR
I'm afraid you'll have to pay VAT too...import VAT as far as I know...I ordered something from US a while back and had to pay 16Percent import VAT (same as our local VAT). So 650$ will probably not be enough...

VAT is something you as individual pay for any product you buy by the way...but don#t aks me more...I'm no expert.
We don't have any VAT in the US, so I guess we don't have to pay it...assuming we can order it.

#14  Laurens 04-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Quote drachasor
We don't have any VAT in the US, so I guess we don't have to pay it...assuming we can order it.
Yes, but iRex has to pay VAT for products they sell, since they're a Dutch company. So you have to pay it anyway.

#15  Liviu_5 04-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Quote Laurens
Yes, but iRex has to pay VAT for products they sell, since they're a Dutch company. So you have to pay it anyway.

Hi,

It is an interesting question, does a company charge VAT based on its location, rather than on the buyer's location? I have not thought of this, since I assumed that Amazon.uk and Amazon.fr are locally incorporated (they do not sell electronic equipment outside EU as far as I understand their policies). The only way to find out about the Irex is to check with the seller I gues, but I think it will find its way here very quickly (if the Librie found its way from Japan...)

Liviu

#16  transman 04-04-2006, 12:02 PM
As far as I know the local vat rate for the exporter will have to be paid. If the companys exports into anther country exceeds a certain value then the other countrys vat rate will have to be paid if higher. You will also have to take duty into account for goods going to america. If you are buying anything from america exceeding a certain value a duty rate will be applied so similiar will probably apply in reverse. These are all dependent on the countries local tax laws.

#17  ribrdb 04-04-2006, 01:46 PM
If I remember correctly, when I was in Europe we had to pay VAT, but when we came back to the US we could file for a VAT refund on everything we brought back with us. Which makes me suspect that VAT wouldn't be required for people in the US.

#18  CommanderROR 04-04-2006, 02:07 PM
please check the irex homepage...is it possible that they put the old specsheet pdf back???
what's going on???

#19  Alexander Turcic 04-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Quote CommanderROR
please check the irex homepage...is it possible that they put the old specsheet pdf back???
what's going on???
You are right, they did. I think the last specsheet was updated in Feb 2006; the one currently online goes back in September 2005.

Perhaps they had to restore an outdated server backup?

#20  TaKir 04-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Quote Alexander
You are right, they did. I think the last specsheet was updated in Feb 2006; the one currently online goes back in September 2005.

Perhaps they had to restore an outdated server backup?
You are mistaken, Alexander

Here the dates of all three pdf specs:

1) december 2005 pdf document properties (20051215WE product sheet ER 0100) - old one

2) march 2006 pdf document properties (March2006WE product sheet ER 0100 Released) - was 2 days ago

3) september 2005, pdf document properties (Iliad Product sheet ER 0100, created 19.01.2006) but the date at the right side of the document is 2006 )))) - now at Irex site.

I have all three of them, they are different even by file size ))

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register