Mobileread
Is there an example of how to send books to the currently connected device?
#1  flooby 03-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Hello, I am a bit of a Python noob and I am experimenting with the sample plugin code and I am trying to figure out how to do the following:

I modified one of the demo buttons to say "checkout books", and when I click this button, I created a list of hard-coded book paths with another list of book titles to match.

What I want to happen is that they are sent to my attached kindle device using upload_book function, but the function isn't recognized inside the plugin file and so it doesn't even call upload_books

Does someone have an example of the simplest way to transfer books to the attached ereader device (in my case, an old 2nd gen Kindle)?

Thank you

#2  davidfor 03-08-2020, 10:06 PM
You might want to look at the Reading List plugin. You can create a reading list will automatically send the books in it to a device when it is connected. It is probably doing what you want.

If it is not what you want, you probably don't want to use "upload_books" (can't find "upload_book"). You should be doing it using the database ids of the books. The Reading List plugin does this in the "_sync_list" method in action.py. And following those calls, will take you to where upload_books is actually called.

#3  flooby 03-09-2020, 08:55 AM
Thank you davidfor! I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, this will be very helpful!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register