Mobileread
How to start Calibre on Windows in debug mode
#1  hakan42 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi,

After I start calibre (on Windows), I can select "Restart in debug mode" from the Preferences menu to get the debug output in a file.

Is there any way to (automatically) start calibre directly in that mode? I am debugging some changes to the core and would really like to get that output without jumping through too many hoops :-)

#2  theducks 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote hakan42
Hi,

After I start calibre (on Windows), I can select "Restart in debug mode" from the Preferences menu to get the debug output in a file.

Is there any way to (automatically) start calibre directly in that mode? I am debugging some changes to the core and would really like to get that output without jumping through too many hoops :-)
Click the preferences Icon: Item #4 for a 1 shot use

Or Create a shortcut (I also set the Icon to the Calibre standard)
to launch a bat file like the one attached
[bat] CalibreDebug.bat (111 Bytes, 709 views)

#3  hakan42 09-03-2012, 01:45 PM
The "one shot" usage I did for half-a-million times, that was why I asked

But thanks for the "calibre-debug" tip, I was just about to answer that I already do so until... I just noticed I was doing that in *another* script but not the one I'm calling from my development environment, so...

Anyway, thank you for prodding me in the right direction.

#4  sebring.1980 02-24-2020, 02:50 PM
When i launch caliblre-debug.exe with your bat file it points to another library C:\Users\John\Calibre Library instead of one in C:\Program Files x86\Calibre\Calibre Library

Another issue plugin "Read MP3 AudioBook metadata" shows as not installed in debug mode.

#5  sebring.1980 02-24-2020, 02:59 PM
Dunno if that matters, i am using portable version of Calibre.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register