Mobileread
NADSAT Translation dictionary
#81  PoP 01-14-2018, 07:23 AM
Did you change the language of Clockwork Orange to zu?

You can use this Java Mobi Metadata Editor to set it this way:

show attachment »

#82  Kindle_reader 01-14-2018, 11:00 AM
I tried this but it did not work
Capture.PNG 

#83  Kindle_reader 01-14-2018, 11:51 AM
It works now but when I select any word, it says "No Definition Found"

#84  PoP 01-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Then all seems setup properly

...But rassoodocks is mispelled in my dictionary :
show attachment »

Do you get a no definition found searching for it? Or the dictionary name is not even displayed?
show attachment »

In the former case, try searching vellocet a bit further down the page ...do you get this?
show attachment »

#85  Kindle_reader 01-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Yes! It worked!

It said no definition found for rassoodocks. It also says the same thing for mestros. I think the problem is when there is a plural case.

Would you be able to fix this?

#86  Kindle_reader 01-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Also, could I run both the NADSAT dictionary and The New Oxford American Dictionary for Clockwork Orange

#87  PoP 01-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Quote Kindle_reader
Yes! It worked!

It said no definition found for rassoodocks. It also says the same thing for mestros. I think the problem is when there is a plural case.

Would you be able to fix this?
Normal: mestros is not defined in the dictionary. I only sampled about 250 words from Anthony Burgess book as a proof of concept. It is far from complete. Let alone the singular/plural, gender, tenses inflections... As for me fixing it, too much work for diminishing fun in return. But hey, the source is up there if anyone cares.

Quote Kindle_reader
Also, could I run both the NADSAT dictionary and The New Oxford American Dictionary for Clockwork Orange
Not automagically. Only one dictionary is invoked based on the language the book is set to. Of course, you can manually open the Oxford to search for a Nadsat term, but not by pointing in the book.

« First  « Prev   (9/9)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register