Mobileread
[GUI Plugin] Modify ePub
#1581  silatiw 10-02-2021, 03:31 PM
KiwiDude, I started using your plug. Works very well.
I wanted to translate Modify ePub into my native language. There is a fr.po file (empty BTW) in the / translations / directory and I used it because default.po is missing. However, Modify ePub doesn't use my .mo file. I did it on Poedit.
When I translated the other plugins everything was fine.

#1582  davidfor 10-02-2021, 11:30 PM
Quote silatiw
KiwiDude, I started using your plug. Works very well.
I wanted to translate Modify ePub into my native language. There is a fr.po file (empty BTW) in the / translations / directory and I used it because default.po is missing. However, Modify ePub doesn't use my .mo file. I did it on Poedit.
When I translated the other plugins everything was fine.
Looking at the plugin code, the translation work has only been partly done. Not all displayed strings are translatable. And, the plugin does not actually load the translations. Which is why what you have done is not working.

#1583  silatiw 10-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Thank you for the information. I thought that if there is a folder / translations / and there is a French .po and .mo file in it, I would be able to translate the plugin into my language without any problems.

#1584  DyckBook 11-03-2021, 06:45 PM
@kiwidude Got a question about using the Modify ePub plugin.

I have version 1.6.3 installed. There is an option under HTML & Styles to append extra CSS. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to provide the extra CSS. Checking this option and clicking OK returns a message box that "Modify ePub failed". "No files were updated".

Curiously, opening the help file from within the plugin shows help for all the options EXCEPT append extra CSS.

How do I provide the extra CSS to include and how do I indicate which CSS file should be modified?

#1585  chaley 11-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Quote DyckBook
@kiwidude Got a question about using the Modify ePub plugin.

I have version 1.6.3 installed. There is an option under HTML & Styles to append extra CSS. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to provide the extra CSS. Checking this option and clicking OK returns a message box that "Modify ePub failed". "No files were updated".

Curiously, opening the help file from within the plugin shows help for all the options EXCEPT append extra CSS.

How do I provide the extra CSS to include and how do I indicate which CSS file should be modified?
Looking at the code, modify_epub adds the "Extra CSS" found in Preferences / Common options / Look & feel / Styling tab. It appears that the function adds this CSS to each html file in the ebook. For me, beyond this is speculation.

See posts
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ss#post2522592

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ss#post2743006

And a few other posts found by searching for "extra CSS" (without the quotes) in this thread.

#1586  DyckBook 11-03-2021, 08:19 PM
@Chaley Thanks for the quick reply.

As usual I find the answer--not after looking for hours everywhere I can think of--but immediately after posting a request for help. I found the answer (exactly as you suggested) by reading the changelog.txt for the plugin. Thanks for your help.

Don't know how to get in touch with the author, other than this thread, but perhaps the help file could be updated with this information.

#1587  davidfor 11-03-2021, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately, @kiwidude is not around here any more. The maintenance of the plugin is done by others as they have time and interest. The tooltip for the option does tell you what is happening, but, it would be good to have the help updated. If you want to fix it, we can arrange for the update to be released.

#1588  DyckBook 11-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Quote davidfor
If you want to fix it, we can arrange for the update to be released.
I've modified the help file. In addition to adding a help reference, I cleaned up some special characters that weren't displaying properly for me.

#1589  chaley 11-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Quote DyckBook
I've modified the help file. In addition to adding a help reference, I cleaned up some special characters that weren't displaying properly for me.
Modify Epub version 1.6.4 beta. The only change to include the new help file.

to @DyckBook.

EDIT: Changes released in version 1.7.0

#1590  chaley 01-08-2022, 11:09 AM
Beta supporting the upcoming calibre 6 w/Qt6. It should still be as compatible as before with previous calibre releases.

EDIT: Released

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (159/160)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register