Mobileread
Enso zenPad MID $155
#1  pilotbob 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok,

Who will be the first one to buy this Andriod based 5inch Mobile Internet Device and review it as an eBook reader?

It has a 5inch 800x480 touch screen. 1GB of internal memory and miniSD slot that it appears comes populated with an 8GB card.

I assume this thing will run Alkido.

The price seems to good to be true. $155 or $180 if you want the GPS enabled unit.

And it is supposed to be shipping now.

http://enso-now.com/n/index.php

BOb
ad1.jpg 

#2  Katelyn 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Looks interesting. I'm rather curious in what they might have coming soon based their About Us page, "More products will be available in the immediate future, like a 7 and 10 inches e-ink, Android based, e-book reader, a MID running Android 2.0 with embedded 3G phone. And much more of course."

Anyone have much experience with reading software for Android? The video shows Aldiko - looked very nice. Unfortunately, it's only 3 hr battery life according to the video which is useless for an ereader.

I also like their philosophy.

- - - - - - -- -

What the heck. I just returned my OpenBook so I went for it. If I don't like it, I'll return it since they have a 10-day, no questions asked return policy. I liked the video Charbax did.

Return Policy

You can return your device within 10 days of receiving it, we will refund the full amount at your wish if you are not happy with it, or for any reason. No questions asked. You just have to send it back to us and we will check if it is in good working order. Promptly drop us an email at returns@enso-now.com as a first step.

#3  pilotbob 03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote Katelyn
What the heck. I just returned my OpenBook so I went for it. If I don't like it, I'll return it since they have a 10-day, no questions asked return policy. I liked the video Charbax did.
Cool... can't wait to read your first impressions and review.

BOb

#4  ColdSun 03-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Whoa, sorry for the duplicate thread. Anyhow, this does look almost too good to be true. I'm interested in how it turns out. I might order the non-GPS version as I don't need that. I like Aldiko and FBReader on Android when viewed on my son's Archos 5IT, which should be about the same experience here. The only thing holding me back is the Archos 7 Home Tablet at $179. Still, my guess is the A7HT won't have Google Market and Mobile TV. I wonder what type of screen it has?

EDIT: 3 hour battery life? The ebay auction says 6 while listening to music and surfing the web. It has a 2000mAh battery. If it truly is only 3 hours that would be a no-go for sure.

#5  imaredr 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Katelyn,

When do you think you'll have it? Sounds like a fun device. Ereader, Word-Player, and Wattpad are also available.

Ellen

#6  Katelyn 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote imaredr
Katelyn,

When do you think you'll have it? Sounds like a fun device. Ereader, Word-Player, and Wattpad are also available.

Ellen
Per their Website -

Shipping & Delivery - Worldwide

- Worldwide shipping for only 25 USD
- EMS China courier, very reliable, insurance included.
- Packages are traceable online.
- Delivery time under 10 days

No tracking number yet. I should have it around April 1st or 2nd maybe?

#7  Highroller 03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Well vast majority of what I read is in html format. Won't need a reader program. If you can surf the web then you can read an html file unless its truly borked. I will be interested in a review of this one for sure. the delstar is 99.99% chance of getting returned...

#8  AyXa 03-25-2010, 07:48 AM
They have stopped taking orders from web site.

#9  Katelyn 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote AyXa
They have stopped taking orders from web site.
The site is taking orders again.

#10  Highroller 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Well this time I am gonna wait and get a few reviews. the delstar is too fresh in my mind to jump in again ( This one sounds good but then so did the delstar openbook (

Next »  Last »  (1/8)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register