Mobileread
FB reader: font choice & other stuff
#1  franklekens 05-30-2020, 06:42 AM
I've installed the FB Reader premium on an Onyx Note 2. In settings it gives me only four fonts to choose from. When I choose Droid Serif, the text is still displayed in a non serif font (see screenshot). (This one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...8&d=1590834909)

Two questions:

1) Why is the text displayed in a sans serif font if I select Droid serif?

2) Is there an easy way to expand the font choice in FBreader?

Actually, one more. This has nothing to do with fonts, but:

3) On a Kobo Reader I have my books organized in 'collections', which I usually manage by assigning them to 'shelves' in Calibre. The shelves correspond to the collections.
If I want to group my books this way in FBReader, will I simply have to manually create subfolders in the Library folder and put them in different folders?
Because I put the same books on this device with Calibre, but the 'shelves/collections' don't seem to be recognized by FBreader.

#2  Sarmat89 05-30-2020, 11:38 AM
FBReader used to have some bugs displaying EPUBs with embedded fonts in Sans typeface.

#3  franklekens 05-30-2020, 11:53 AM
Okay, so that app is no use to me. Do people have suggestions for other apps to read books on this device?
The built in reader is fine, except it insists on justifying all text. And the table of contents display isn't terrific.

But the Kobo and Kindle apps don't seem able to open books I have put on the device myself. I could only read books on that that I've bought in their respective shops. Is that true, or is there a way for the Kobo app to see all the epubs I've put on the device myself?

#4  JSWolf 05-30-2020, 02:13 PM
A number of people recommend Moon Reader. I've not tried it, so I cannot comment on it any further.

#5  franklekens 05-31-2020, 04:17 AM
Thanks. Just tried it, it looks good.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register