Mobileread
OpenInkpot in GSoC 2010
#1  dottedmag 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
OpenInkpot project has been accepted into Google Summer of Code 2010!

If you are student and want to hack on OpenInkpot this summer (e.g. by porting it to new e-book device), then write an application and submit it. You've got only 10 days to do it.

If your application is accepted, you will be sponsored by Google ($5K stipend) and will get a mentor from OpenInkpot developers who will guide you through the process (though good student is expected to work semi-autonomously, using project's mailing list and IRC for communication).

Have a look at our ideas page (which are just starting points).

You can apply at GSoC homepage. See also program FAQ and timeline.

#2  Greg Anos 03-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Dottedmag - I'm wondering whether there are any plans to implement the current FBReader (0.12 +) in OI?

Thanks...

#3  dottedmag 03-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote Ralph Sir Edward
Dottedmag - I'm wondering whether there are any plans to implement the current FBReader (0.12 +) in OI?
Code
fbreader (0.12.1-1) zelazny; urgency=low [ Alexander Kerner ] * New upstream release -- Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:38:59 +0600
Alexander will probably merge newer 0.12.* soon, if there any changes needed for OpenInkpot (IIRC those are just bugfixes for breakage on various platforms).

#4  Greg Anos 03-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote dottedmag
Code
fbreader (0.12.1-1) zelazny; urgency=low [ Alexander Kerner ] * New upstream release -- Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:38:59 +0600
Alexander will probably merge newer 0.12.* soon, if there any changes needed for OpenInkpot (IIRC those are just bugfixes for breakage on various platforms).

Thank you very much. Dottedmag. I looked in the open tickets and had not found it. Once again, thanks to all the people working on OI, you have my warmest regards.

RSE

#5  pushparajxa 03-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I am a fourth your student studying Information Systems in BITS-Pilani.(India). I like to contribute for OpenInkpot through GSoC 2010. I have through the project ideas. I want to contribute in Boot SpeedUP project or Global Search project.I had good programming experince with C and Java. I have done 5 month internship in Yahoo! (Bangalore-India). I want to give me suggestions regarding how to move forward in those projects.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register