Mobileread
Translating OpenInkpot is easy! How to contribute your language to OI.
#1  Hanno 10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi,

with the next release coming closer, this article is a short reminder that even for a non-programmer, it is very easy to contribute a translation to the OpenInkpot project. So if you want the OI e-reader GUI in your language, just translate it yourself and everybody else speaking your language will benefit.

Just follow the instructions of the Localization Guide and register for an account in the web-based translation tool Transifex.

It shouldn't take much longer than an evening of work, since the GUI is made of only a few text strings. Even the longer help texts aren't that long.

(Note: If I remember correctly, right-to-left text rendering is still being worked on, so languages requiring rtol will not work at the moment.)

Regards,

Hanno

#2  David Munch 10-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I will take a look at this saturday evening. I promise!

#3  Lbooker 10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I contributed French, German and Italian translations.
I would like to get automatic mails informing me new text strings have been added, or other text strings modified, to know when I must update my translations.

#4  Hanno 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I just look on Transifax every now and then. Yes, a notification for changes would be nice.

#5  David Munch 10-23-2009, 04:30 AM
I don't know if it is an issue that I use Mac OS X, but I can't upload my .pot files - Even if I haven't even opened them!

#6  Hanno 10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
You can ask for help on the irc channel. If you wish you can send it to me, as well, and I'll try to find out what's wrong with your file.

#7  div3rsion 12-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I've translated gm to Dutch, working on FBreader now. Rest will follow asap.

#8  sbring 04-28-2010, 06:14 AM
I have made some Swedish interface translations, and also found some errors in them. However, I have found no way to edit files already in Transifex. How is it done?

#9  dottedmag 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Erm, did you *login* first?

#10  sbring 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote dottedmag
Erm, did you *login* first?
Yes, I did. That wasn't the problem, but I finally figured what to do.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register